For most Central Kentucky kids, school is out by the beginning of June. For parents, that means it's time to begin looking at how those children will spend all that free time.
This year's listing of summer camps offers a variety of choices. With camps for swimmers, actors, scientists, cooks, dancers and soccer players, there's probably an offering that will please your child and you.
Asbury University Summer Camps. Impact U. Residential camp for high school students. $360 per camp. www.asbury.edu/impactU.
• June 8-12: Creative writing camp, equine camp, film 1 camp, worship arts/audio production and music camps.
• June 15-19: adventure camp, film 2 camp, environmental camp, theater camp and visual arts camp.
Learn more about these camps and others, including equine and athletic camps for all ages, at www.asbury.edu/news-events/news/2012-05-something-everyone-camps-asbury.
Explore, Create & Discover. Challenger Learning Center of Kentucky, 1 Community College Drive, Hazard. Ages 5-14. Pre-K through grade 12. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. June-July. Register two weeks before each camp. $25 a day. CLCky.com. (606) 487-3049. 1-800-246-7521, Ext. 73049. Melissa Collins, email@example.com. Tom Cravens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forces of Nature Science Camp. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. July 6-10 for ages 8-11. July 13-17 for ages 12-14. $250. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or email@example.com. www.midway.edu/camps. After one camp registration at full price, a discount of 10 percent is applied to each additional camp session or for additional siblings.
HOBY Leadership Conference. June 11-14. Eastern Kentucky University. For high school sophomores. Hobyky.org.
Inner Space Camp. Grades 9-12. June 21-26. Register by June 1. A residential camp at Eastern Kentucky University for high school students interested in the field of psychology. Residents explore clinical psychology, neuroscience, forensic psychology, sensation and perception, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, animal behavior. Facebook.com/EkuInnerSpaceCamp.www.Psychology.eku.edu/live-think-existpsychology
Kentucky Community and Technical College System/Workforce Solutions Office Maysville Campus will offer the following camps. For more info, call (606) 759-7141, Ext. 66117.
• Career Craze. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 9-11. Grades 6-8. Maysville. Free, but students may pay either $12 for their lunch for the three-day camp or bring a sack lunch daily. Applications may be picked up from their school's Family Resource Center after May 1.
• Kids College. 8:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 6-9. Ages 5-13. $55. Lunch served each day at 12:30, provided by Maysville Housing Authority. Register after May 1.
• Career Craze, Entrepreneur Academy Camp. Grades 6-8. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 1-3. Fleming County. Kentucky Community and Technical College System/Workforce Solutions Office Cynthiana Campus will offer the following camps. For more info, call Lennie or Leslie at (859) 234-6689.
• Career Craze for middle school students in Bourbon, Harrison and Nicholas County. June 22-25 in Paris. Focus: Manufacturing in the areas of lean processes and robotics. Field trips, speakers and hands on activities.
• Paris Kids College. June 29-July 2. Ages 6-12 at Bourbon Central school. Theme: The Big Show. Children can choose from art, CSI, fashion, math, science and history.
• Cynthiana Kids College. July 6-10. Ages 6-12. Licking Valley Campus in Cynthiana. Theme: What an Adventure, using math, science and history to discover adventures in everyday activities.
Newton's Attic Summer Camps 2015. Boys ages 6-18. Girls ages 5-18. May 26-Aug 14. Overnight camps in conjunction with the Life Adventure Center the week of July 20 only. Camps are offered in hands-on engineering, robotics, RC projects, Legos, chemistry, biology, computer programming, gaming and arts and all things science. Full-day and half-day options available. 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., 9 a.m.-noon or 1:30-5 p.m. 4974 Old Versailles Road, near Blue Grass Airport. Register one week before camp. $175-$395. (859) 368-7334. Newtonsattic.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The See Blue STEM Camp. 105 Taylor Education Building, University of Kentucky campus. Current grades 4-7. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 8-12. $150. www.education.uky.edu/STEM/content/seebluestemcamp. Craig Schroeder, (859) email@example.com.
Soar to New Heights: STEM-H Summer Camp for Gifted and Talented students at Eastern Kentucky University. Rising grades 6-8. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 15-19. (859) 622-9252. firstname.lastname@example.org or at 859-622-9252.
Write On! Get Your Read On! June 22-26. Ages 8 and older. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or email@example.com. www.midway.edu/camps. After one camp registration at full price, a discount of 10 percent is applied to each additional camp session or for additional siblings. $250.
Art from the Heart: The Arts Camp at Northeast Christian Church. Rising grades 1-6. 8:30 a.m.-noon (early drop off available). June 22-26. NorthEast Christian Church, 990 Star Shoot Parkway. Music, drama or visual arts. $50. To register: (859) 299-1251, Ext. 251. Visit church for an application or download at NCClex.org.
Camp with the Arts. Ages 4-12. Grades: Primary through grade 6. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 15-26 or July 6-17. Early drop-off, late pick-up available. Providence Montessori, 1209 Texaco Road. Register by June 2. $400 for a two-week session. Register at (859) 255-7330. firstname.lastname@example.org. Providencemontessoriky.org.
Cut and Paste Craft Studio. 220 Ruccio Way, Suite 180. Info: (859) 489-5273. Cutandpastecraftstudio.com. The studio offers the following crafting camps, 9 a.m.-noon, $150 a week.
• Wonderful Wearables. June 15-19. Girls, age 6-12.
• Everybody Crafts. June 22-26. Ages 6-12.
• Do Up Your Room. July 13-17. Girls, ages 8-12.
• DIY Fun. July 20-24. Ages 6-10.
• Jewelry Camp. July 27-31. Girls, ages 8-12.
Living Arts and Science Center. Interactive art and science camps. 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Early drop-off available. June 1-Aug. 7. Nine one-week sessions. $25-$100 a week. Register before May 18 for a five percent discount. Scholarships available. More than 150 arts and science classes for students in grades K-12. Class sizes of 12 students or less. Classes include: animation and filmmaking; cartooning; digital media; 3D printing: fashion design; animal, insect and plant science; architecture; photography; painting; mask making; Chinese dance; sculpture; drawing; ceramics; bookmaking; fiber art. LASC members also receive significant discounts on class registrations. Lasclex.org. (859) 252-5222.
The Mad Potter Camps. 3385 Tates Creek Road. Angie Neat, (859) 269-4591. Register by the week before camp. Themadpotter.biz.
• Art Camp: Pizza, Paint 'n Party. Ages 6 and older. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 10, July 15 and Aug. 5. Paint pottery, have pizza and paint a canvas. $50 a day.
• Princess Art Camp. Ages 5-8. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 15-19. Paint princess pottery, self-portraits plates and other pottery, and have a dress-up pizza party. $125.
• Snack Art Camp. Ages 8 and older. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 22-26. Paint plates, bowls and mugs and create snacks to go in them. $150.
• Glass Fusing Camp. Ages 10-18. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 29-30. Learn to cut and fuse glass, and create several pieces of jewelry and decorative glass. $75.
• Pet Art Camp. Ages 6 and older. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 20-24. Make food bowls, pet portraits, treats, and more, and have a pizza party. $150.
Summer SmART Camp at Made KY. Sessions are 9 a.m.-noon Mondays for ages 5-8, and 1-4 p.m. for ages 9-12. Only six students per class. Stacey, (859) 312-9089. email@example.com. $195 a session.
• Session 1: Mud & Miscellany. Mondays, June 15-July 6.
• Session 2: Oh, the things ... . July 13-Aug. 3.
Summer Bridge Camp. Ages 8-19. 7-9 p.m. June 22-25 and June 29-July 2. Bridge Club of Lexington, 3517 Lansdowne Drive in Lansbrook Shopping Center. Free. Georgia Ringo, (859) 229-2379. Ringogeorgia@gmail.com
Eastern Kentucky University Computer Science Summer Camps. Ages 7-18. Noon-4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays. June 1-25. EKU. www.computerscience.eku.edu/summer-camp-schedule. (859) 622-2398.
Wild Thyme Summer Cooking Camps For Kids. 1060 Chinoe Road, Suite 108, Chinoe Plaza. (859) 523-2665. Wildthymecooking@gmail.com. Weekly camps. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. After-care options available from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Registration open. 10 percent sibling discount. $75 single day tuition if space available. $25 registration fee. Camp fees are all-inclusive including meals, food, equipment, nutrition, instructors, etiquette, take home apron, certificate of completion and recipe packet. Each Wednesday, our camp community days will be filled with outside trips to various community centers, gardens, farms and workshops.
• Food Kapers, June 1-5, ages 4-7, $235.
• Science in the Kitchen, July 13-17, ages 4-7, $235.
• Bake Me Something Good To Eat! June 22-26, ages 6 and older, $275.
• Ky. Proud Farm to Table, June 8-12 and July 6-10, ages 7 and older, $295.
• Food Network Favorites, May 25-29 and Aug. 10-15, ages 7 and older, $295.
• Around the World, June 15-19 and Aug. 3-7, ages 8 and older, $295.
• Master Junior Chefs, June 29-July 3, ages 8 and older, $295.
• Cupcake Wars & Cake Decorating, July 27-31, ages 8 and older, $275.
• Restaurant Wars/Teen Cooking Camp, July 20-24, ages 12 and older, $315.
• Ballet Master Class. 5-7 p.m. May 11-15. Levels 5-8. $125.
• Lexington Ballet Summer Intensive — Junior. 9 a.m.-noon. June 8-26. Ages 7-10. $130 a week.
• Lexington Ballet Summer Intensive — Intermediate/Advanced. 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. June 8-26. Ages 11 and older. $300 a week.
• Lexington Ballet — Open Ballet Classes. 9:30 a.m. Saturdays. May 16-July 18. Ages 4-6. $100.
• Lexington Ballet — Adult Open Ballet Classes. 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesdays. May 5-July 18. Ages 14 and older. $15 a class or $120 for 10 classes.
• Lexington Ballet MAD Camp — Music, Art, Dance Camp. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 20-Aug. 7. Ages 4-10. $210 a week. Extended care available.
The Centenary School Summer Camp. 2800 Tates Creek Road. Ages 4 to completed 5th grade. 7:15 a.m.-5:45 p.m. May 26-Aug. 6. Register by May 18. Cost: $175 a week. (859) 266-4100. Lexcfm.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kentucky Sheriffs' Boys & Girls Ranch. Gilbertsville. Ages 8-11. June 7-July 24. Sunday afternoons through Friday mornings. Free. To register, contact your local county sheriff's office. Tracy Powell, email@example.com.
National Academy. 3500 Arbor Drive. 5:30 a.m-6:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Lindsey Matheny, (859) 273-3292.
The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club Summer Day Camp. 736 West Main Street. 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. June 1-July 31. Ages 6-14. Register by May 29. Cost: $90 a week. (859) 258-2582, Ext. 150. Breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack and field trips are included. Salvationarmylex.org. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer @ Sayre. 194 North Limestone. A safe, adult-supervised environment that keeps children active through creative learning, fun activities, and field trips throughout the summer. Register at Sayreschool.org/summer@sayre. Camps start at $170 a week. Athletic camps start at $130 a week.
• Summer Safari Camp. Ages 2-11. 7:30 a.m.-5:45 p.m. June 1-July 31. $180 a week.
• Discovery & Athletic Camps. Ages 5-14. 9 a.m.-noon or 1-4 p.m.
YMCA of Central Kentucky Day Camps. June 1-Aug. 7. Ages 3-15. Camps include drama, preschool, Lego, sports, arts, outdoor, science and more! Full-day (7 a.m.-6 p.m.) and half-day sports (ages 5-7, 9 a.m.-noon and ages 8-12, noon-6 p.m.) and specialty options (1-6 p.m.) available. Cost $125 a week for members; $150 a week for non-members. Counselor in Training ages 13-15: $90 a week members; $120 a week non-members. Half-day sports/specialty: $75 a week members; $100 a week non-members. Add on sport/specialty: $25. Extended day for sport/specialty: $15. Registration under way. Camps located at: Beaumont Centre Family YMCA, 3251 Beaumont Centre Circle; Bar-Y Outdoor Camp, 5757 Versailles Road; Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 2185 Garden Springs Drive; High Street YMCA, 239 East High Street; Jessamine County YMCA, 220 East Maple Street; Lexington Traditional Magnet School, 350 North Limestone Street; North Lexington YMCA, 381 West Loudon Avenue; Scott County YMCA, 730 South Hamilton Street. To register, go to YMCAcky.org/camp or any YMCA branch, or call Jennifer Hubbard at (859) 226-0393.
• A Mexican Fiesta, June 1-4
• Cooking Up Some Fun, June 8-11
• Lil' Olympians, June 15-18
• Space Adventure, June 22-25
• Wild, Wild, West, July 6-9
• Down the Garden Path, July 13-16
• Petite Picassos, July 20-23
• Rock-n-Roll Time, July 27-30
• The Big Splash, Aug. 3-6
Waterstone Christian Academy. Age 7 through high school. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Weekly camps June 1-Aug. 7. 204 South Lexington Avenue, Wilmore. Musical theater, movie making, creative writing, applied science and math, chess, carpentry, nature (geology and insects), horticulture, miniature horses, culinary, understanding historical battles with legos, karate, catapults, mad scientist, robotics (Lego EV3). Early drop-off or late pick-up available. Registration: $35. $200 a week. Limited scholarships available. Info: Heidi or Perry Brewster, (859) 858-0558. email@example.com. Facebook.com/LivelyLittleLearners.
Waterstone Christian Academy's Lively Little Learners. Potty trained through age 6. 9 a.m.-noon. Weekly camps June 1-Aug. 24. 204 South Lexington Avenue, Wilmore. Weekly themes: science and math, chess, carpentry, nature (geology and insects), horticulture, miniature horses, karate, catapults, mad scientist. Early drop-off/late pick-up available. Registration $35. $100 a week. Limited scholarships available. Info: Heidi or Perry Brewster. (859) 858-0558. firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook.com/LivelyLittleLearners.
All Abilities Drama Camp. Ages 5 and older. 9 a.m-noon. June 15-19. Seton Catholic School, 1740 Summerhill Drive. Register by June 6. Early-bird registration before May 9 is $75 for one camper, $100 for two siblings, $125 for three siblings. Register after May 9 for $90 for one camper, $115 for two siblings and $140 for three siblings. Anna Brannen, email@example.com.
Dunbar Drama Summer Camp. Grades K-8. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Late pickup available for additional $10 a week. June 22-26. 1600 Man o' War Boulevard. Register by June 10. $85 a week half-day. $135 a week, full day. (859) 381-3546. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lexington Catholic Drama Workshop. Ages 7-14. July 20-24. Ages 7-10 attend 9 a.m.-noon. Ages 11-14 will attend 1-4 p.m. and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. $100. (859) 433-7307. email@example.com.
Lexington Children's Theatre at the Grand Theatre. Ages 8-14. 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m. June 22-26. July 20-24. 312 West Main Street, Frankfort. Register by May 22 for the June camp and by June 19 for the July camp. $175 a camp (502) firstname.lastname@example.org. Grandtheatrefrankfort.org.
StageOneFamily Theatre DramaWorks Camps. Ages 4-18. Half-day and full-day sessions. Lincoln Performing Arts School, 930 East Main Street, Louisville. $130-$450 depending on class, length of time and registration. (859) 498-2436. Stageone.org/campsclasses. email@example.com.
Blue Willow Farm Summer Camp. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 15-19. (Register by June 1.) July 13-17. (Register by July 1.) Ages 5-15. Blue Willow Farm. 4400 Delaney Ferry Road, Versailles. $450. (859) 873-2339. Bluewillowfarm.org. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Briar Cottage Farm Summer Riding Sessions 2015. 3077 Walnut Hill Road. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. June 16-19. June 29-July 3. July 6-11. July 27-31. $100 a week. Learn and practice riding skills, care and knowledge. Insured and knowledgeable instructors. Classes limited to six students. Classes include beginner through entry level, showing skills in either Western games or baby novice eventing and jumping. Teen and adult special evening session. 5-8 p.m. Sept. 15-19. Age 16-adult. $85. Text (859) 509-6137. email@example.com.
• Introduction to Horses. Ages 5-9. 9 a.m.-noon. June 29-July3 and July 6-10. $75 a week. Register by June 1.
• So You Want to Own A Horse. Ages 10-15. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 20-24. $250.
Midway College summer equine camps. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.midway.edu/camps. After one camp registration at full price, a discount of 10 percent is applied to each additional camp session or for additional siblings.
• Between the Ears. June 8-12 for ages 8-10. June 15-19 for ages 11-12. Limit 8 per camp. $450.
• Advanced Horsemanship. June 22-26 for ages 13 and older. June 29-July 3 for ages 13 and older. Limit 10 campers per camp. Campers must be riding at the intermediate to advanced level and be able to control a horse and to walk, trot and canter independently for an extended period of time. Campers must have a minimum of 6 months of weekly riding lessons, or the equivalent. $450.
Moss Landing Summer Horse Camp. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. June 15-19. June 22-26. June 29-July 3. July 6-10. July 13-17. Ages 5-15. 505 Millersburg-Cynthiana Road, Paris. All camps have an optional Thursday night pizza party./sleepover for an extra charge. 12 campers per session. $300 a week, additional $30 for sleepover. Nicole Patenaude, (859) 484-2349, (859) 707-2705.
Camp Judy Layne in Morgan County. June 7-July 24. Girls ages 5-17. 2-night camp: $180. Five-night camp: $265. CIT: $400. Troop camp: $80. Register at GSkentucky.org. Leann Duty, email@example.com.
• Little Mermaids. June 14-16. July 12-17. Rising grades 1-3.
• Water Works. July 12-17. Rising grades 4-5.
• Sailing. July 12-17. Rising grades 8-12.
• Shipwrecked. July 19-24. Rising grades 4-5.
• Last Splash. July 19-24. Rising grades 4-10.
• Mooncatchers. June 14-19. Rising grades 4-5.
• Mad Scientist. June 21-23. Rising grades 4-5.
• Messy Munchkins. June 15-17. Rising grades 1-3.
• Wanderlust. July 5-10. Rising grades 6-8.
GirlwoRx. Girls ages 12-14. 1-5 p.m. July 13-17. July 27-31. Baptist HealthwoRx Fitness and Wellness, 161 Lexington Green Circle. $125. Includes snacks, a T-shirt and Safe Sitter class materials. Girls earn Safe Sitter certification and learn Zumba, kickboxing, yoga and Divas in Defense. They also choose, make and eat healthy snacks and discuss how media and others influence health decisions and body image. Register at Baptisthealthlexington.com.
Midway College Girl Power camps. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.midway.edu/camps. After one camp registration at full price, a discount of 10 percent is applied to each additional camp session or for additional siblings.
• Kentucky Proud Girl Power! June 8-12. Ages 6-12. $250.
• Girls Through the Decades Girl Power! Camp. June 22-26. Ages 6-12. $250.
Hospice of the Bluegrass Grief Camp. Healing Hooves. Ages 6-17. 9 a.m.-noon. July 15, 16 and 18. $30 per child. $35 a family. Camp is at Central Kentucky Riding for Hope facilities at the Kentucky Horse Park. This program incorporates the use of horses to help facilitate the grieving process for children and teens who have experienced the death of a loved one Register by July 10. Hospicebg.org. 1-800-876-6005.
Martial Arts Camp (Tae Kwon Do). Ages 6-12. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. June 15-19. Bluegrass Karate Club, Oxford Christian Church Family Center, 2785 Oxford Village Lane, Georgetown. Register by May 1. $250. Martina Hines, instructor, (502) 382-6521 or email@example.com.
This summer, military families can enjoy one of three Kentucky camps aimed at strengthening family ties in a fun-filled atmosphere. The camps are open to families with a member serving in any branch of active duty, Reserve or National Guard, or as contractors and civilians from the Department of Defense who are in any phase of the deployment cycle. This year's camp offerings are:
• The Mammoth Military Family Adventure. June 12-14. Families with children ages 5-18. Mammoth Cave Hotel in Mammoth Cave.
• Robinson Forest Military Family Early Childhood Adventure. June 26-28. Families with children ages 6 and younger. UK's Robinson Forest in Jackson.
• Live Your Adventure Military Family Camp. July 10-12. Families with children ages 5-18. Life Adventure Center in Versailles.
Register at www.fcs-hes.ca.uky.edu/content/military-family-programs. Info: Tyrone Atkinson, (859) 218-1546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images Model & Talent Agency. 2401 Regency Road. 9:30 a.m.-noon and 1-3:30 p.m. June 15-Aug. 3. Ages 3-15. Classes offered: Pageant Training, Mini Modeling and Modeling A-Z. Register one week before camp. (859) 273-2301. email@example.com. Imagesmodelagency.com.
Alix Adams Model School & Talent Agency. 9813 Merioneth Drive, Louisville. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 16-20, July 7-11, July 21-25 and Aug. 4-8 for ages 13-18. June 23-27, July 14-18 for ages 8-12. July 28-Aug. 1 for ages 8-18. $250. Register by June 1 and get 10 percent off. Late pick-up Tuesday through Friday available for an additional fee. For information, or to register, go to Alixadamsconnect.com/summer-camp.html. (502) 266-6990. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piano Camps. Simply Piano. 535 West Second Street, Suite 204. $115 a week. Beth Scherfee, (859) 940-3862 email@example.com .
• Piano Composition Camp, Level I: 9-10:30 a.m. June 1-5. Ages 8-11 with at least one year of piano study.
• Piano Composition Camp, Level II: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. June 1-5. Ages 9-15 with at least two years of piano study and basic theory.
• Piano Camp for Kids, Level I. 10 a.m.-noon. June 8-12 or July 20-24. Ages 7 through 10 with one year of piano study. $160 a week.
• Piano Camp for Kids, Level II. 10 a.m.-noon. June 15-19 or July 27-31. Ages 10 through 15 with two or more years of piano and basic theory. $160 a week. Sight reading, music history, theory, scales and chords, improvisation, blues, and ensemble playing will be included in this one-week camp. Camp takes place in the piano lab with each student having an individual piano with headphones.
Foster Music Camp
Eastern Kentucky University Music Camps. 7:30-10:30 a.m. (859) 622-3266. Fostercamp.org.
• Foster Music Camp. Grades 5-8. June 7-12. $275 commuter. $395 resident.
• Foster Music Camp. Grades 8-12. June 14-20. $290 commuter. $395 resident.
• Foster Music Camp. Grades 9-12. June 14-26. $375 commuter. $675 resident.
7 Hills Church Central Youth Conference. Middle school to college age. 8 a.m.-10 p.m. July 14-17. Eastern Kentucky University. $199 a person. Centralyouthconference.com. Jake Kollmann, (859) 628-5324. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Creek Mission, Bible-Based Mission Camp. Middle school through adult. June 7-Aug. 6 (also throughout the year). 90 Bullskin Road, Bear Branch. $179 a week. (606) 653-0513. Bigcreekmission.com. Kevin Rogers, email@example.com.
Boones Creek Baptist Camp offers the following camps at 1306 Trapp Goff Corner Road, Winchester. Info: (859) 744-0037. Boonescreekbaptistassoc.com for camp applications.
• Senior Co-ed. June 15-19. Ages 13-17.
• Girls week. June 15-19. Ages 7-14.
• Boys week. July 6-10. Ages 7-14.
• Junior Co-Ed. July 15-17. Ages 7-12.
Camp Calvary, Christian Youth Camp. At least two sessions for all ages, kindergarten through college. Camps begin May 17 and end Aug. 5. Overnight: $40. Half week: $120. Full week: $195. Info: Alan Cooper, (859) 375-4376. firstname.lastname@example.org. Kycampcalvary.com. Summer Camp Information
The Cathedral Domain Summer Camp, a ministry of The Episcopal Diocese of Lexington. American Camp Association accredited camp. Camp sessions for those who have completed grades 1-12 as well as adults. The camp is in the Red River Gorge area of Kentucky. Spring open house and gathering is April 18. Full and partial scholarships available. (606) 464-8254. Cathedraldomain.org.
• Senior High Conference. Grades 9-12. June 14-20.
• Mini Camp 1. Grades 1-2. June 21-24.
• Mini Camp 2. Grades 1-2. June 24-27.
• Junior High Conference. Grades 7-8. June 28-July 4.
• Girls Camp 1. Grades 3-4. July 5-11.
• Adventure Mission. Grades 7-12. July 12-18.
• Girls Camp 2. Grades 5-6. July 12-18.
• Boys Camp 1. Grades 3-4. July 19-25.
• Boys Camp 2. Grades 5-6. July 19-25.
• Co-Ed Camp. Grades 3-5. July 26-Aug. 1.
• Camp Indian Summer. Ages 21 and older. Oct. 16-18.
Lexington Christian Academy Camp Feathers. Ages 3 through rising sixth-graders. 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. May 26-July 31. 450 West Reynolds Road. Register by May 1. $150 a week. Ashley Tabor: (859) 422-5753. email@example.com. www.LexingtonChristian.org.
Kentucky Christian Assembly. June 7-12, grades 1-5; June 14-19, grades 6-8; June 21-26, grades 9-12. First Chance, ages 4-8, July 1-3. Day Camp: 9 a.m.-4p.m. June 27, ages 3-6. 544 Grassy Branch Road, Brodhead. (606) 758-8811. Register by the afternoon that camps begin. Cost: $100 full week, $40 First Chance, $20 day camp. KCACC.org. firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie Marks, (859) 948-4642, email@example.com
Kingdom Totes, Spiritual Reading with Phonics. Ages 3-7. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 1-July 31. 647 Chestnut, former Phillis Wheatley Center. Register by April 27. Cost: $50 a week with fundraising, transportation provided for an extra cost. Joyce Brown, (859) 312-2989. Ministerjoyceab@gmail.com.
Camp Calvary Adventure Camp. All ages. 4 weekend sessions, email or call for dates. 475 Camp Calvary Lane, Mackville. $100 a session. Info: Alan Cooper, (859) 375-4376. firstname.lastname@example.org. Kycampcalvary.com.
Kentucky Lions Club offers the following camps at Lions Camp Crescendo, 1480 Pine Tavern Road, Lebanon Junction. All camps are free. Register by May 20. (502) 833-3554. LCCky.org. email@example.com.
• Ky. Lions Youth Camps: For Vision Impaired or Blind and Hearing Impaired or Deaf. June 29-July 3. Ages 6-15. Register by May 20.
• Camp Freedom. July 6-10. Ages 6-11.
• Camp Heart to Heart. July 6-10. Ages 5-12.
Planning to Win Summer Camp. For grades 11-12. June 17-19. Eastern Kentucky University. $10. Debbie Sweet, (859) 622-2933.
Summer Sports Day Camps. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Ages. 5-12. June 8-26 and July 6-31. Ages 5-7. June 29-July 3. Campers will be responsible to bring their own lunch. There will be a short devotion each day during lunch. Each day, two sports will be covered, including basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, disc golf, tennis, soccer and Wiffle Ball. Cost is $90 a week; $80 a week for each subsequent child or subsequent week. Info: Jim Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 327-1722.
Midway College Archery Clinic. Ages 11-18. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 27, July 11 and July 25. $75 each date. Participants must bring their own bow. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or email@example.com. www.midway.edu/camps.
Lexington Catholic Baseball Hitting Camp. 9 a.m.-noon. June 22-24. $100. firstname.lastname@example.org..
Chrissy Roberts Women's Basketball Individual Camp. Ages 7-16. 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. June 10-12. Eastern Kentucky University. $85. EKUsports.com. Eric Soister, (859) 248-2358.
Chrissy Roberts Women's Basketball Team Shootout. June 20. EKU. $200 a team. EKUsports.com. Eric Soister, (859) 248-2358.
Chrissy Roberts Women's Basketball Elite Camp I. 10 a.m-5 p.m. July 27. EKU. $65. EKUsports.com. Eric Soister, (859) 248-2358.
Chrissy Roberts Women's Basketball Elite Camp II. 10 a.m-5 p.m. Aug. 1. EKU. $65. EKUsports.com. Eric Soister, (859) 248-2358.
Lexington Catholic Girls' Basketball Skills Camp. July. Grades K-5. email@example.com.
Midway College Basketball Clinics. 9 a.m.-noon. June 8-11 for ages 5-12. July 13-16 for ages 13-18. $125 a session. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.midway.edu/camps.
Hunter Cantwell QB & Skills Player Football Camp. Grades 6-12. June 13. For quarterbacks and wide receivers. Campbellsville University. (270) 789-5225. $75.
Lexington Tigers Football Youth Football Camp. Ages 6-12. July 10-12. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and 2-5 p.m. Sunday. Dixie Park. Register by July 8. $125. (859) 559-9445. Kytigersfootball.com. email@example.com.
Coach Dean Hood Football Camp(s). Kicking, long snapping for middle and high school, showcase and team camp. June 6-Aug. 2. Kevin Cristello. (859) 622-2146. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Man o' War Golf Summer Junior Golf Camps. Ages 7-13. 1201 Man o' War Boulevard. 9 a.m.-noon. June 1-4, June 8-11, June 15-18, June 22-25, July 6-9, July 13-16, July 20-23, July 27-30, Aug. 3-6. $150 a camp. Special prices for multiple camps. (859) 259-4653. Manowargolf.com. email@example.com.
• Camp 1: June 16-19 at Keene Run Course, 5600 Harrodsburg Road, Nicholasville.
• Camp 2: July 21-24 at Champion Trace Course, 20 Avenue of Champions, Nicholasville.
Starting New At Golf (SNAG). Presented by HP Gold Academy at Keene Run Golf Club, 5600 Harrodsburg Road, Nicholasville. Emphasis will be on teaching basic golf skills and athletic movement patterns related to golf in a fun way. All SNAG golf equipment will be provided, and no previous golf experience is required. Snaggolf.com. Instructors: Myra Blackwelder, Ladies Professional Golf Association member, and Marlene Nall, certified junior instructor. Six-to-one student instructor ratio. HPgolfacademy.com. Blackweldergolf.com.
• Ages 4-5: Keene Run members: $140 a session, $100 for repeat sessions. Nonmembers; $170 a session, $130 for repeat sessions for non-members. Session A: 9:45-10:45 a.m. June 16-18. Register by May 15. Session B: 9:45-10:45 a.m. July 21-23. Register by July 1. Session C: 9:45-10:45 a.m. Aug. 4-6. Register by July 1.
• Ages 6-8: Keene Run members: $165 a session, $125 each repeat session. Nonmembers: $195, $155 for repeat sessions. Session A: 8-9:30 a.m. June 16-18. Register by May 15. Session B: 8-9:30 a.m. July 21-23. Register by July 1. Session C: 8-9:30 a.m. Aug. 4-6. Register by July 1.
Midway College Soccer Clinics. 9 a.m.-noon. June 15-17 for ages 12 and older. June 22-25 for ages 6-14. $125 per session. Midway College, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway. Richard Rohrbacher, (859) 846-5872 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.midway.edu/camps.
26th Annual Centre College Soccer Camps. Soccer Goalkeeper Camps. Keeper Edge State Training Center. Boys, ages 9-13, commuter and residential: June 14-17. Boys, ages 14-18, commuter and residential: July 11-14. BurchSoccerCamps.com
Warren Lipka's Morehead State Soccer camps.
• College ID Soccer Camps. Ages 13-18. June 21 and July 19. For the college-bound soccer player. We give each camper the training environment and college recruiting seminar to help in the recruiting process. $125.
• High School Team Camp. Girls ages 13-18. July 10-13. Register by June 1. For the teams who are preparing for the fall soccer season. We work with the coach and players throughout the week to develop technical and tactical aspect of the game. We also work directly with the high school coach to assist him/her in all facets of the game. $375 a player, and two coaches attend free with team. Includes room, board, written evaluation and T-shirt.Moreheadsoccercamps.com
Youth Soccer Camp by EKU Coach Melissa Barnes. 9 a.m.-noon or 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 15-19. Ages 5-13. EKU. $125 half day, $200 full day. Elitecampsateku.com/boys-and-girls-day-camps.cfm. (859) 622-1245.
High School Soccer Camp. Grades 9-12.8 a.m.-8 p.m. July 10-13. EKU. $225 commuter. $325 resident. Elitecampsateku.com/boys-and-girls-day-camps.cfm. (859) 622-1245.
Track and Field
Centre College's Fifth Annual Maximum Velocity Track & Field Academy. Ages 12-19. June 10-June 13. $315 commuter. $400 overnight. $200 coach/parent. MVTFA.com. Lisa Owens, (859) 238-5494.
Centre College Volleyball Clinic. Girls rising grades 6-12. June 11. $30. James Neyhouse, email@example.com.
Lexington Catholic Volleyball Camp. Age 4 to incoming freshmen. June 22-25. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your summer camp isn't listed, add it to our online calendar at Calender.kentucky.com.