▪ Lt. Gov. Jenean Hampton, a former U.S. Air Force officer who served in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm, will be the featured speaker at the next lunch meeting of the Bluegrass Chapter, Military Officers Association of America at noon Friday at the Equestrian Woods Country Club, 107 Clubhouse Drive near the intersection of Harrodsburg Road and Spring Crest Drive.
The meeting is open to all military officers — active duty, reserve, and retired — and their guests. To attend, call 859-271-2606, or email email@example.com. A buffet lunch will be available for $17.
Never miss a local story.
The following have graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas:
▪ U.S. Air Force Airman Timothy D. Darling is the son of Matthew J. and Mary A. Darling, and the grandson of Ruth A. Lowe, all of Lexington. He is a 2015 graduate of Lafayette High School.
▪ U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Christopher N. Combs is the son of Robin and Steve Combs of Berea, and the brother of Steven Combs of Lexington. He is a 2009 graduate of Berea Community High School and earned an associate’s degree in 2011 from Sullivan University.
▪ U.S. Air Force Airman Andre White Jr. is the son of Ronda M. White of Lexington. He is a 2014 graduate of Henry Clay High School.
▪ Morgann Hegge has received an Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps scholarship to attend the University of Kentucky.
The scholarship entitlements include tuition and fees, an annual allowance of $600 for textbooks and a monthly stipend for up to 10 months of each school year that the cadet completes at the host college or university.
Upon graduation from the host college and completion of the ROTC program, the cadet receives a bachelor’s degree and a commission as a second lieutenant in the Air Force. He or she also incurs a military service obligation of four years (10 years for pilots) of active-duty enlistment.
Hegge is the daughter of Colleen Hegge of Union, and John Hegge of Newport, and the granddaughter of Joe Meiman of Union. She is a 2016 graduate of Saint Henry District High School, Erlanger.