Candidates for contested races for Lexington/Fayette Urban County Council, Lexington area House of Representatives, Supreme Court, 6th Congressional District and Fayette County Board of Education will participate in forums Saturday and Sunday at the Farish Theatre at the Lexington Public Library, 140 West Main Street.
The forums are co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters Education Fund, the Lexington Public Library and The Frankfort/Lexington Chapter of The Links Inc.
The public is invited to attend, meet the candidates in person and submit questions in writing. Questions may also be submitted prior to the forum by emailing email@example.com.
The forum will be videotaped and aired on the library’s Channel 20 and will be available for viewing on the library website after the forum. Citizens should check websites of the League of Women Voters of Lexington (Lwvlexington.com) and the Lexington Public Library (Lexpublib.org) for a schedule and YouTube links.
Never miss a local story.
All candidates were invited to attendl; some declined. The forum schedule is:
▪ 10:15-10:45 a.m.: Council District 4, Susan Lamb and Barry Saturday
▪ 1-1:30 p.m. House District 75, Kelly M. Flood and Gary McCollum
▪ 1:30-2 p.m. Kentucky Supreme Court, Glenn Acree and Larry VanMeter
▪ 2:15-2:45 p.m. School Board District 1, Melissa Bacon and Samantha Rodarte
▪ 3-3:30 p.m. School Board District 5, Daryl K. Love and Sharon Mofield-Boswell
All candidates for local, state and federal offices representing Fayette County have been invited to submit answers to questions posed by the League at VOTE411.org, an online voter guide. Voters should check VOTE411.org after Monday to learn more about the candidates.