A dormitory dryer caught fire Tuesday evening, prompting the University of Kentucky to send out a campus alert and evacuate students from the building.
The fire was put out without injury and burning clothes were pushed out a window, said UK Assistant Fire Marshal Jason Ellis.
UK sent out the alert just after 6 p.m. Tuesday reporting the fire at Woodland Glen 4, which sits just off Sports Center Drive. Students were encouraged to avoid the area.
Lexington firefighters reported light smoke when they arrived at the scene at 5:55 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
Ellis said the fire did not set off the sprinklers, and after the smoke was cleared from the building, all students would probably be able to return to their rooms.