The developers of CentrePointe have sent the city a second letter threatening legal action.
An attorney for the downtown project sent a letter Monday saying that the city can "expect to be involved in litigation" if it doesn't back down on a demand that the development site be filled in, WKYT-TV reported.
CentrePointe developers also want information about any contact the city has had with other developers, engineers or architects about a "possible takeover or substitution" of the development, the station said.
The letter asks the city to "preserve all electronically stored information, such as messages by Twitter, text messages, Facebook messages or similar means of messaging electronically, as well as any paper files maintained, relevant to CentrePointe Vertical and/or the Claims," according to WKYT.
Never miss a local story.
The letter was addressed to Mason Miller, an attorney for the city.
Last Tuesday, the city sent CentrePointe developers a letter demanding that the site be filled in.
Lawyers for CentrePointe fired back with a letter to Lexington officials Friday threatening legal action unless the city rescinds its demand by May 7. Richard Getty, a lawyer for CentrePointe, said the city's demand letter and statements made to the media about the project have "negatively impacted and interfered" with their ability to finish the project.
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse withdrew from the project after the city issued its notice, he confirmed last week. He said the developers hope the restaurant will return if the city withdraws its notice.
CentrePointe is scheduled to include a hotel, apartments, an office tower, and restaurant and retail space.
A block of buildings was razed for the development in 2008, but excavation did not begin until late 2013. Tower cranes now sit on the excavated site, but a parking garage has not been built.