Lexington is offering a free non-hazardous household waste drop-off day for Fayette County residents from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike. Residents may dispose of one pickup load of bagged household waste and up to four off-the-rim tires.
Appliances, electronics and hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil and paint will not be accepted. Appliances may be left at no cost at Environmental Recycling, 3899 Winchester Road. Electronic devices such as computers, printers, cellphones, microwave ovens and TVs may be left at no cost at the Electronics Recycling Facility, 1306 Versailles Road. Residents may donate liquid latex paint to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 451 Southland Drive.
The guidelines for the disposal day are:
▪ Participants must present a valid Fayette County driver’s license.
▪ All loads must be level with the bed of the truck.
▪ All loads must be covered by a tarp.
▪ Only household waste will be accepted.
▪ No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim.
▪ No tire rims will be accepted.
▪ No commercial vehicles allowed.
▪ No hazardous materials or free-flowing liquids.