RICHMOND — A Madison County man apparently killed his daughter and himself with carbon monoxide early Sunday morning, officials said.
Richard "Rich" Moore, 43; and Kelsey Moore, 13, were found in the garage of their house in the Boone Trace neighborhood, Sheriff Nelson O'Donnell said.
Authorities were called to the house shortly after noon. Coroner Jimmy Cornelison said there was the strong smell of carbon monoxide in the garage and the house. He placed the time of death at 1 a.m. The bodies have been sent to Frankfort for autopsies.
Kelsey Moore had physical handicaps, O'Donnell said. Richard Moore was divorced from the girl's mother.
Never miss a local story.
"The case is still open pending further investigation, however no further foul play is anticipated at this time," the sheriff said.