A Lexington family of six was displaced after an electrical fire damaged their kitchen early Tuesday.
A man, woman and four children made it out of the home safely after a hallway smoke detector went off, Lexington fire battalion chief Marshall Griggs said.
Firefighters arrived at the home at 292 Mulberry Court about 6:20 a.m., he said, and had the fire out within minutes. The kitchen was heavily damaged by fire and smoke.
The Lexington Division of Fire worked with The Red Cross and the family's insurance company to find them a temporary place to stay, Griggs said.