The woman who died of smoke inhalation in a fire early Thursday in Lexington has been identified by the Fayette County coroner's office.
Robyn Harris, 54, died of smoke inhalation about 1:40 a.m. at University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital, according to the coroner's office.
Lexington fire spokesman Maj. Ed Davis said Harris was found in a bathroom at the rear of the B unit at 288 Radcliffe Road shortly after firefighters arrived about 1 a.m.
The fire started from food on a hot stove, he said.
Never miss a local story.
A person from the adjoining unit was taken to the UK Chandler Hospital for smoke inhalation, and a firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for exertion-related symptoms and released, he said.
The fire was confined to the B unit but had gotten into the shared attic, causing damage and smoke in the other unit, Davis said.