A Lexington man pleaded not guilty Thursday to child porn charges after police found more than 800 sexually explicit videos on computers and cell phone, according to court documents.
Brett M. Compton, 27, admitted that he owned one of the computers and an iPhone on which the videos were found, but he told police he didn't download the videos.
"Compton did not take responsibility for the files believed to be in violation," police wrote in an arrest warrant. "However, he did not report any other person who used the computer on a regular basis."
Fayette County sheriff's deputies arrested Compton on Wednesday at Applebee's on Richmond Road, where he works, on a warrant charging him with two counts of distribution of child pornography and one count of possession of child pornography.
The investigation started in October, when Compton's computer established a direct link with another computer and downloaded suspected child pornography, according the arrest warrant.
Compton's computer had a peer-to-peer sharing program installed on it, according to the document. The search history allegedly contained words commonly associated with child pornography, police said.
Three videos were downloaded between Oct. 14 and Nov. 10, the warrant said. The document described two of the videos in graphic detail, one that featured an infant and another that featured a girl thought to be younger than 12.
"Contraband files" were found on Compton's computer and another computer in the house, and on an iPhone that was registered to Compton, police said. Forensic evidence showed that the iPhone had been plugged in and synced with both computers, the document said.
Compton told police he works from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. at a Richmond Road restaurant, and he did not know who could have had access to the computer while he was working. However, police said they compared Compton's work records with the dates and times the porn videos were downloaded, and no downloads occurred while Compton was at work.
Compton was lodged in the Fayette County Detention Center. He was scheduled for another court hearing on Feb. 20.