Here are some of the more unusual sick calls that Lexington firefighters have responded to over the past year:
- A woman at Wal-Mart called for help because a "special government organization is injecting her with radiation."
- A man who drank a pint of vodka was taken to a hospital. "His chief complaint is he was hit in the head with a fist."
- A woman called for an ambulance because she reportedly was "intoxicated and stuck on the toilet."
- A Lexington man was taken to a hospital after drinking a pint of whiskey and firing a shotgun in his house.
- EMTs went to a house where a person saw a spider and was "flipping out." Possibly drug related.
- A man reported that he had swollen lips, possibly from smoking cheap cigars.
- A man taken to a hospital reportedly had consumed 3.5 gallons of vodka and a couple grams of crack cocaine.
- A woman reported injuring herself "planking on a bar stool."
- A man fell down six or seven steps on an escalator. He had some scrapes and bruises. He had been drinking.
- A man reported that he thought he broke his hand. He had punched a wall.
Follow our public safety Twitter feed @hlpublicsafety. We give you the latest from the courts, cops and public safety (and occasional scanner chatter).