Lexington police arrested two people Wednesday in connection with multiple robberies in the city.
Kelly Cox, 35, and Shaun Taylor, 36, each face charges in robberies from April to July. Police said the two investigations were separate.
Cox is accused of involvement in three robberies:
▪ Armed robbery of a Marathon gas station at 1971 North Broadway on July 19.
▪ Robbery of Forcht Bank at 506 West New Circle Road on July 20.
▪ Robbery of Fifth Third Bank at 2225 Versailles Road on July 23.
Taylor is charged in connection with three bank robberies:
▪ An attempted robbery of People’s Exchange Bank at 901 Richmond Road on April 18.
▪ Robbery of Fifth Third Bank at 1680 Bryan Station Road on April 18.
▪ Robbery of Republic Bank at 2401 Harrodsburg Road on July 23.
Both were lodged in the Fayette County jail.