Two people injured Thursday in a Powell County home explosion remained in critical condition at the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital on Saturday night.
Karen Knox of Winchester and Jerry Roberts of Clay City were inside the home on Paint Creek Road at the time of the explosion and fire but were able to get out. They both had life-threatening burns.
Stanley Arnold Roberts, 83, died in the explosion, which occurred about 3 miles north of Stanton.
Arrangements are pending at Hearne Funeral Home in Stanton.
Danny McCormick, Powell County emergency management director, has said that the explosion might have been caused by a propane explosion in the basement.
Officials said the blast blew out the basement walls and the home's windows, and it sent the front door flying more than 20 feet.
"The house is pretty much leveled," McCormick said Thursday.