A second person has died as the result of a Sept. 22 house explosion in Powell County, authorities said.
Jerry Roberts, 60, of Stanton died Friday of complications from thermal injuries and smoke inhalation at University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital, according to a release from the Fayette County coroner's office.
Stanley Arnold "Jack" Roberts, 83, the father of Jerry Roberts, died the day of the explosion, which is believed to have been caused by a propane leak in the basement. The house on Upper Paint Creek Road north of Stanton was the residence of Stanley Roberts.
Karen Knox of Winchester, daughter of Stanley Roberts and sister of Jerry Roberts, survived the explosion. An updated condition for her was not immediately available Friday night from the UK hospital.
Never miss a local story.
Funeral services Stanley Roberts are scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Hearne Funeral Home Chapel in Stanton.