A fire in McKee on Friday night damaged three businesses and left one firefighter injured.
The fire started in a barbershop at about 5:30 p.m., said Chief Donnie Gabbard of the McKee Fire Department.
"It's gone completely," Gabbard said of the business.
The one-story building on U.S. 421 also housed a tire store and flower shop, which sustained smoke and water damage.
Gabbard said one firefighter was taken to the hospital after a piece of the ceiling fell on her, injuring her shoulder. Several other firefighters were treated at the scene for heat exhaustion.
Gabbard said a husband and wife operated the barbershop and florist. He said the flower shop was insured, but the barbershop and tire store were not. The building's owner did have insurance, he said.
In addition to the McKee Fire Department, three other Jackson County fire departments assisted, as did departments from Madison and Clay counties.