President & Publisher
firstname.lastname@example.org | (859) 231-3248
Joined the Lexington Herald-Leader & kentucky.com in June 2011 as the seventh president and publisher in its history.• Background: Born in South Carolina, grew up in North Carolina and graduated with a bachelor's degree in business management and economics from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he also played college football.
• Career: President and Publisher at the Tri-City Herald in Kennewick, Washington state; vice president of circulation at the Raleigh (NC) News & Observer; circulation director, Montgomery (AL) Advertiser; circulation director, Rockford (IL) Register Star; circulation director, Jackson (TN) Sun.
• Affiliations: Serves on the board of directors for the United Way of the Bluegrass, the University of Kentucky College of Communication and Information National Advisory Board, the American Heart Association, the Bluegrass Community Foundation, the Lexington Industrial Foundation and serves as a group mentor for the University of Kentucky's Black & Latino Male mentoring program.
• Personal: Married, one daughter.
Editorial page editor
email@example.com | (859) 231-1393
Joined paper and editorial board April 1997.
• Background: Born in Charlotte, N.C., and graduated with bachelor's degree in journalism from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
• Career: National correspondent, Knight Ridder Washington bureau; assistant city editor, The Washington Post; assistant journalism professor, University of Maryland-College Park; metro editor, The Washington Times; assistant city editor, The Tallahassee Democrat; reporter, The Charlotte Observer.
• Personal: Mother of one, grandmother of two.
• Affiliations: President, National Conference of Editorial Writers; board member, Society of Professional Journalists-Bluegrass Chapter.
• Honors: Several teaching and reporting fellowships; various individual and staff reporting awards in state and regional contests.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (859) 231-3340
Joined the editorial board in 1997, after 10 years as a Herald-Leader reporter. Areas of focus: education, energy. environment, farm policy, public health, local and state government.
• Background: Born in Lexington, grew up in Morehead, educated at the University of Kentucky. Lived with a family in Greece and studied at the University of Lancaster in England on Rotary-sponsored fellowships.
• Career: Worked as a reporter at newspapers in Flemingsburg, Lebanon, Elizabethtown, Owensboro, Jacksonville, Fla., Birmingham, Ala.
• Personal: One daughter.
• Honors: 2005 National Headliner Awards, second place, for editorials supporting Lexington's smoking ban. Green Eyeshade Awards for editorial writing, 1999, 2000, 2001.
email@example.com | (859) 231-3443
Joined paper as cartoonist April 1984.
• Background: Born Bloomington, Ind., Sept. 1, 1953. Lived in Ibadan, Nigeria, 1959-1964. Free-lanced after college in Bloomington for nine years. Traveled to more than two dozen countries on five continents. Proudest moments include winning a college intramural golf title, skunking a former UK ballplayer in a game of HORSE, a two-second quarry-dive-Frisbee-grab cameo on national TV, and winning a Pulitzer. Maybe not in that order.
• Career: Nationally syndicated, draws weekly for USA Today, and writes weekly for the L.A. Times.
• Honors: Pulitzer Prize winner in 2000, finalist in 1989, 1998 and 2010; Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award in 1999; president of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists 1999, brought the national convention to Lexington in 2004. Global Media Award for population cartoons 1995, 2007 and 2010. Conducted cartooning seminars in Doualla, Cameroun, and Sofia, Bulgaria for U.S. State Dept. Won regional Emmy for television commentary.
• Personal: Married, no children, just two dogs and occasionally fleas.