- Willie Cauley-Stein's dunk! WOW!
- Karl-Anthony Towns was the difference in this one.
- UK coach John Calipari seemed bothered earlier this week at the suggestion that UK's offense was not-so-impressive. It's offense in the half court was not-so-impressive in the first half.
- UK's defense is still good but it is not as smothering as it was earlier in the year.
- Without Alex Poythress and Trey Lyles, is Kentucky considerably deeper than other teams?
Numbers don't lie
- Only four Wildcats scored in the first 39 minutes of the game.
- UK did not miss a foul shot until there were :42 seconds left. The Cats hit 21 of 22.
- Dakari Johnson did not score and had two rebounds in nine minutes.
- Kentucky had six turnovers in the first eight minutes.
- Kentucky blocked only two shots.
- With 23 consecutive victories to begin the season, UK ties it second-best start since the 1965-66 team did the same. That team had no starter taller than 6-foot-5. This UK team has only one starter under 6-foot-6 and at times have had none. The Cats are three wins away from tying the best start in school history.
- Florida had beaten UK three straight times. The Gators had won eight of the last 10 games in Gainesville.
- Florida hit 54 percent in the second half.
- Both teams were in the bonus less than 12 minutes into the game.
- Kentucky led for 17 seconds in the first half.
- Kentucky turned it over 10 times in the first half.
- Towns and Devin Booker had 19 of UK's 28 points in the first half.
- Both teams were 11-for-25 from the field in the first half.
Never miss a local story.
Kentucky goes to LSU Tuesday night. Many have felt all year that LSU matches up better inside with UK than any other conference team.