Kentucky has announced several dates of interest to add to your calendar for the 2018 football season.
▪ When the Cats’ season kicks off Sept. 1 against Central Michigan, UK will host a Band Day event that invites high school bands from around the state.
▪ On Sept. 15 when the Cats return to Kroger Field, there will be an annual Heroes’ Day event coupled with the Murray State game. The day honors all active and reserve military members of the armed forces as well as police, firefighters and other first responders.
Heroes’ Day also will be coupled with something UK is calling Dance Day, which brings in local dance teams from around the commonwealth.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Kentucky has yet to announce its Hall of Fame class for 2018, but their weekend will fall on Sept. 22 when UK faces Mississippi State. This also will be a teacher appreciation weekend with details to come later.
▪ The last Saturday of a three-week home stand for the Cats will be a busy one, with Ag Roundup and Family Weekend coming for the South Carolina game on Sept. 29.
▪ Annual homecoming festivities will fall on Oct. 20 when UK faces Vanderbilt
▪ The Georgia game on Nov. 3 will include a salute to veterans.
▪ Senior Day for Kentucky will be on Nov. 17 as the Cats host Middle Tennessee State.
That game will also mark Youth Football Day, as special ticket offers will be extended to youth football league participants and their parents. A few select youth football teams will also play on the field during the halftime break.
Game times will be announced later. Season tickets are on sale at UKFootballTix.com, both for renewing season ticket holders and those purchasing new season tickets.
Single-game tickets and other ticket packages will go on sale later this spring and summer.
2018 Kentucky schedule
(Home games in capital letters)
Sept. 1: CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Sept. 8: at Florida
Sept. 15: MURRAY STATE
Sept. 22: MISSISSIPPI STATE
Sept. 29: SOUTH CAROLINA
Oct. 6: at Texas A&M
Oct. 20: VANDERBILT
Oct. 27: at Missouri
Nov. 3: GEORGIA
Nov. 10: at Tennessee
Nov. 17: MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Nov. 24: at Louisville