▪ Simon Kenton quarterback Cam Racke committed to Wofford University on Tuesday. So far this season the senior is 31-for-50 with 385 yards and three TD passes. The Pioneers are 3-0 with wins over Louisville Christian, Bryan Station and Conner.
Wofford, which opened its season with a win at Tennessee Tech last week, has made Kentucky a point of emphasis in its recruiting lately. The Terriers roster features six former standouts from the commonwealth: Mason Alstatt (Lafayette), Boston Bryant (Whitley County), Mikel Horton (Bryan Station), Mike Jones (Danville) R.J. Taylor (Tates Creek) and Bradley Way (Covington Catholic).
Wofford plays Mississippi at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Former Paducah Tilghman and University of Kentucky standout Josh Forrest was slotted as the third-string middle linebacker for the Los Angeles Rams’ season-opener against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday night.
▪ Leah Edmond, a UK volleyball freshman out of Paul Laurence Dunbar, recorded the first ace of her career during the Wildcats’ 3-0 win over Creighton on Saturday. Edmond is Kentucky’s leader in kills with 72 entering the Bluegrass Battle tournament in Memorial Coliseum this weekend.
▪ Former Henry Clay soccer standout Thomas Ueland scored his first two goals of the season in Notre Dame’s 5-0 rout of California on Sunday. The Irish (4-0) moved to the No. 1 spot in this week’s coaches poll.
▪ Scooter Hollis, a senior wide receiver at Columbia who starred for Greenwood, was named a team captain for the 2016 season. Columbia, an Ivy League institution, opens the year against St. Francis (Pa.) on Sept. 17.