Ross Jenkins scored 21 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in Lafayette’s 81-67 season-opening victory against visiting Lincoln County. Harrison Lane made four three-pointers and finished with 15 points for the Generals.
Devin Alcorn was 5-for-9 from three-point range and had 24 points for the Patriots.
▪ Cooper Robb posted a double-double (25 points and 10 rebounds) and Michael Mareno filled up the box score (19 points, eight rebounds, seven assists, three blocks and three steals) in Scott County’s 83-73 victory at home against Paris.
Never miss a local story.
Tayjin Cunningham scored 20 points for Paris.
▪ Henry Clay got 20 points and five assists from Isaiah Tisdale in an 84-61 victory against Holmes in Lexington. Leander Ridgeway added 18 points and eight rebounds.
The Bulldogs got 21 points and five rebounds from Markel McClendon.
▪ Luke Johnson scored 27 points and eight assists, and Zan Payne had 18 points and 16 rebounds in Lexington Catholic’s 88-61 rout of Fleming County.
Ashton Hall had 15 points and four rebounds for the Panthers.
▪ Tre King scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds in Lexington Christian’s 70-36 victory at Whitefield Academy. He also had two blocks and two steals. Kyle Rode added 15 points, six assists, five rebounds and four steals.
Tyler Woodruff led the Wildcats with 21 points.
▪ Jenkins star Whitney Creech scored 57 points in an 81-51 win against Pike County Central. The Western Kentucky signee’s career high is 64.
▪ Dee Dee Wheeler scored 18 points and had seven steals in Sayre’s 45-18 victory at St. Patrick.
▪ Jaelyn Penn hit four three-pointers and finished with 24 points in Butler’s 73-65 win against visiting Male.