▪ Louisville Christian tight end/defensive end Jacob Paulson committed to Western Kentucky via Twitter on Monday. He is the fifth member of Kentucky’s senior class to commit to the Hilltoppers, joining Lexington Catholic lineman Woodford Lankford, Ballard lineman D.J. Washington and Christian County’s Keyron Catlett (wide receiver) and Kenneth Major (defensive back).
▪ Murphy Powell, a Paul Laurence Dunbar volleyball senior, committed to Emory University last week. She was a member of three Lexington United teams that finished third at the AAU National Championships. Emory began its 2016 campaign ranked fourth in the Division III preseason poll.
▪ Scott County pitcher Kennedy Sullivan, who led the Cardinals to their second state softball title in three years this past June, committed to Western Kentucky earlier this week. Sullivan recorded 59 strikeouts and pitched all but two innings for Scott County en route to being named Most Outstanding Player of the 2016 state tournament.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Cumberlands juniors Seph Burke (Boyle County) and Joe Rose (Anderson County) were named Mid-South Conference East Division Offensive Player of the Week and Special Teams Player of the Week, respectively.
▪ Cooper senior Sean McNeil committed to Bellarmine on Wednesday, Rick Broering of the Cincinnati Enquirer reported. McNeil averaged 16.1 points and 7.6 rebounds last season for the Jaguars. The 6-foot-4 guard also shot 40.5 percent from behind the three-point line.
▪ Manual golfer Robbie Keyes announced his commitment to Xavier University last week.