On-track betting: $929,651
Total betting including simulcast: $7,046,232
Never miss a local story.
THIS DAY LAST YEAR
On-track betting: $1,125,818
Total betting including simulcast: $7,534,571
WHAT'S COMING UP
* The final day of the spring meeting will showcase 2006 Belmont Stakes winner Jazil and Stephen Foster Handicap upset victor Seek Gold (91-1). Jazil will make his debut on the turf in the $200,000 Elkhorn Stakes, a Grade III test of 11/2 miles. Seek Gold makes his first start in nine months in a 6-furlong allowance.
* Competing in the sixth race were three high-priced graduates from the 2005 Keeneland September Yearling Sale. Pauillac, who sold for $1 million, won the 7-furlong race for maidens. Unbridled Trust, the 9-10 favorite, was fourth. He sold for $950,000. Pegasus Power, another million-dollar purchase, finished fifth. Pauillac and Pegasus Power went off at 7-1. Pauillac and Unbridled Trust made their first starts.
* Live streaming of the final workouts of several Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks candidates will be available at 6:30 a.m today through Sunday at www.keeneland.com. Trainers Todd Pletcher and Doug O'Neill will work their horses on the Polytrack before moving to Churchill Downs.
* General admission proceeds yesterday generated $50,000 for United Way of the Bluegrass. Admission to the track totaled $27,720. Keeneland contributed $22,280.
* Jockey Julien Leparoux will take a 22-17 lead over Garrett Gomez into the final day. Edgar Prado has 15 victories. Patrick Biancone has a 12-9 lead over Pletcher for the training title.