Here is the ESPN press release on how the World Wide Leader will cover Thursday night’s NBA Draft:
ESPN’s exclusive presentation of the 2017 NBA Draft presented by State Farm, begins Thursday, June 22, at 7 p.m. ET from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main desk will be manned by host Rece Davis, along with NBA analysts Jalen Rose and Michael Wilbon, and college basketball analyst Jay Bilas. This year marks the 15th consecutive year ESPN has televised the event.
▪ J-Will on the Move: College basketball analyst Jay Williams, who was picked second in the 2002 NBA Draft, will wear many hats throughout the night. From interviews and player breakdowns to mock drafts, Williams will provide insight and analysis as picks are made
▪ Post-Pick Interviews: This year’s post-pick interviews will be conducted by college sports reporter Allison Williams, while the No. 1 overall pick is expected to sit down with Davis, Rose, Wilbon and Bilas
▪ News and Information: Jeff Goodman will be also be on the floor to report any breaking news. Analyst Fran Fraschilla will be provide his international expertise, while Tom Penn gives his perspective from a general manager’s point of view
▪ Wildcats in the House: With three Kentucky players expected to be drafted Thursday night, head coach John Calipari will also pay a visit to the main set a visit during the evening
▪ Presence from the Top 10: Reporters will be on-site at the facilities of the teams with the first three picks, as well as the New York Knicks (No. 8) in this year’s draft—Dave McMenamin (Celtics), Ramona Shelburne (Lakers), Mark Schwarz (76ers) and Coley Harvey (Knicks)
▪ SC Featured Goes All-Access with Finnish NBA Draft Prospect: Sunday’s SportsCenter SC Featured segment will go all-access with Finnish-born NBA Draft prospect Lauri Markkanen of the University of Arizona, expected to be one of the top picks in Thursday night’s draft. SC Featured will be with Markkanen as he waits for the draft and learns which team has selected him, as well as after he learns his future. The feature will debut in the 10 a.m. ET SportsCenter on Sunday, June 25, and will re-air in other editions throughout the day
▪ NBA Draft Preview Presented by Kia: ESPN2 will televise a one-hour NBA Draft Preview Show on Wednesday, June 21, at 7 p.m., with Davis, Bilas, Rose, and Wilbon, as well as other commentators
ESPN Radio will provide coverage of the NBA Draft throughout its programming, including:
▪ LaVar Ball will join The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz on Wednesday, June 21, and former NBAer Ryan Hollins will co-host the show Friday, June 23, with Clinton Yates. Hall of Famer Joe Dumars will guest that day.
▪ A special NBA Lockdown Insiders podcast, hosted by ESPN NBA Insiders Amin Elhassan and Brian Windhorst with former NBAer Hollins, which will offer previews and analysis of the Draft and NBA free agency
Host Marc Kestecher, NBA analysts P.J. Carlesimo and Bob Valvano will anchor ESPN Radio’s coverage from Brooklyn, along with insider updates and perspective from Marc Stein. In addition to hearing the team selections throughout the night, the broadcast will be joined by a number of the draftees.
ESPN.com will provide extensive coverage of the 2017 NBA Draft. Stories, updates, analysis, mock drafts and breaking news can all be found here.