Kentucky football holds its annual spring football game on Friday night at Kroger Field. Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. The SEC Network is televising the game.
▪ Former Lafayette star Walker Wood throws an 18-yard TD pass to Zy’Aire Hughes.
▪ End of third quarter: Blue 36, White 26
▪ We’re getting our first look at redshirt freshman quarterback Danny Clark.
▪ Terry Wilson comes right back with a 65-yard touchdown drive of his own. A.J. Rose scores from two yards out. That’s his third touchdown of the night.
▪ Gunnar Hoak opens second half by going seven-of-nine through the air on a drive that covered 65 yards for a touchdown. Hoak hit Josh Ali with an eight-yard TD pass to cap off the drive.
▪ First half stats: Terry Wilson completed 8 of 17 passes for 78 yards with one interception. Gunnar Hoak completed seven of 16 passes for 64 yards. A.J. Rose gained 101 yards on seven carries. He scored the only two touchdowns in the first half. Benny Snell gained 33 yards on six carries.
▪ Halftime: Blue 22, White 17. On final play of the first half, Miles Butler kicked a 43-yard field goal.
▪ Running back Sihiem King is out because of concussion protocol.
▪ From Jen: Remember last year when A.J. Rose suffered a neck sprain (after an Eli Brown hit) and had to miss most of the spring game? He’s making up for it tonight.
▪ A.J. Rose continues to have himself a night. The junior just scored on a 27-yard run up the middle. Rose now has 96 yards on six carries and has scored two touchdowns.
▪ End of first quarter: Blue leads White 9-7 under the crazy scoring system they are using for this game. Terry Wilson was three-of-seven for 43 yards passing in the first quarter. Gunnar Hoak completed three of eight passes for 31 yards.
▪ A.J. Rose is the early star as the sophomore running back pops free on a 34-yard run for the offennse down team to the defense’s three-yard line. He follows that up with a touchdown run from there.
▪ Terry Wilson starts at quarterback for the other Blue offense, which gained a first down and then was forced to punt. Wilson threw two incompletions.
▪ Gunnar Hoak starting quarterback for Blue, which goes three-and-out after a pair of penalties and a sack by Josh Paschal.
▪ Something to keep in mind for next season, the NCAA has made a change to the kickoff rule. Any kickoff fair caught inside the 25-yard line will be considered a touchback.
▪ Jen Smith reports: Linebacker Jamin Davis (knee) is not in pads for the spring game. Looks like we won’t see him today.