Former UK star John Pelphrey will be back in Rupp Arena on Tuesday night as part of the SEC Network crew telecasting Kentucky-Boston U at 9:00. Tom Hart will handle the play-by-play. Laura Rutledge will work the sidelines. Pelphrey will be the color analyst for the broadcast.
The former Paintsville High star was head coach at South Alabama and Arkansas, as well as a long-time assistant in two different stints for Billy Donovan at Florida. Pelphrey did not follow Donovan to the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder and decided to take a year off from coaching.
As for the rest of Tuesday's television schedule, the Maui Invitational continues in Maui; the CBE Hall of Fame Tournament wraps up in Kansas City and the FanDuel Classic finishes in Brooklyn. Meanwhile, the Cancun Challenge starts play.
UK fans might want to set their DVRs for the Maui Classic matchup of Kansas-UCLA at 10 p.m. on ESPN. Kentucky travels to UCLA on Dec. 3. The Cats play at Kansas on January 30. Both teams have one loss to date. Kansas lost to Michigan State in the Champions Classic. The Jayhawks rolled over Chaminade on Monday night. UCLA lost its opener to Monmouth. The Bruins earned a nice 77-75 win over UNLV on Monday night in Maui.
Never miss a local story.
Future Kentucky opponent Arizona State plays Marquette in the finals of Brooklyn's FanDuel Classic at 8 p.m. on ESPN2. Marquette nipped Ben Simmons and LSU 81-80 on Monday night. Arizona State beat North Carolina State.
After losing at Northern Iowa over the weekend, North Carolina bounced back with a win over Northwestern on Monday night. The Tar Heels play Bruce Weber and Kansas State at 10 p.m. on Tuesday night in the finals of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in Kansas City.
And Louisville takes on St. Francis (NY) at 7 p.m. on Fox Sports South. The Cardinals are off to a 3-0 start with wins over Samford, Hartford and North Florida.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
▪ 2:00 - St. John's vs. Indiana (ESPN2)
▪ 4:00 - UNLV vs. Chaminade (ESPN2)
▪ 5:30 - LSU vs. North Carolina State (ESPNU)
▪ 6:00 - TCU vs. Rhode Island (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:00 - St. Francis (NY) at Louisville (Fox Sports South)
▪ 7:00 - Army at Tennessee (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Southeastern Louisiana at Cincinnati (Fox Sports Ohio)
▪ 7:30 - Vanderbilt vs. Wake Forest (ESPN)
▪ 8:00 - Marquette vs. Arizona State (ESPN2)
▪ 8:30 - Illinois State vs. Maryland (CBS Sports)
▪ 9:00 - Boston U at Kentucky (SEC)
▪ 10:00 - Kansas vs. UCLA (ESPN)
▪ 10:00 - Kansas State vs. North Carolina (ESPN2)