The Maui Invitational wraps up on the Hawaiian island and the Battle 4 Atlantis tips off in the Bahamas, giving us all something to watch on this Thanksgiving Eve.
While plenty of SEC teams have stumbled out of the gate, 19th-ranked Vanderbilt has not. The Commodores destroyed St. John's 92-55, then walloped Wake Forest 86-64 to set up a final round matchup with fifth-ranked Kansas in Maui. The Jayhawks whipped UCLA 92-73 on Tuesday night to reach the final. ESPN has the 10 p.m. telecast.
Down the road, Kentucky plays host to Vanderbilt on Jan. 23 and travels to Nashville to play the Commodores on Feb. 27. Kentucky plays Kansas in Lawrence as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge on Jan. 30.
UK plays host to Illinois State on Monday and the Cardinals face TCU in the third-place game of the Cancun Challenge at 6 p.m. on the CBS Sports Network. No. 2-ranked Maryland meets Rhode Island in the 8:30 final, also on CBS Sports.
Never miss a local story.
The Battle 4 Atlantis boasts a strong field with Syracuse, Connecticut, Michigan, Texas, Gonzaga, Washington, Texas A&M and Charlotte. No. 10 Gonzaga plays Washington and No. 25 Texas A&M plays Texas in a pair of intra-state matchups played far from home. ESPN and AXS are splitting the television duties.
For insomniacs, the Great Alaskan Shootout provides late-night, early-morning viewing over on the CBS Sports Network.
Here is the list of college basketball games on television for Wednesday:
Wednesday, Nov. 25
▪ 12:00 - Washington vs. Gonzaga (ESPN2)
▪ 2:30 - Syracuse vs. Charlotte (ESPN2)
▪ 2:30 - St. John's vs. Chaminade (ESPNU)
▪ 3:00 - Vermont vs. Florida (SEC)
▪ 5:00 - Georgia State at Ole Miss (SEC)
▪ 5:00 - High Point at Georgia (ESPNU)
▪ 5:00 - Indiana vs. UNLV (ESPN2)
▪ 6:00 - Illinois State vs. TCU (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:00 - Yale at Duke (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Texas vs. Texas A&M (AXS)
▪ 7:30 - Wake Forest vs. UCLA (ESPN2)
▪ 8:30 - Maryland vs. Rhode Island (CBS Sports)
▪ 9:30 - Connecticut vs. Michigan (AXS)
▪ 9:30 - Creighton vs. UMass (ESPN2)
▪ 10:00 - Vanderbilt vs. Kansas (ESPN)
▪ 11:30 - Toledo vs. San Jose State (CBS Sports)
▪ 2:00 (a.m.) - San Diego vs. Loyola-Chicago (CBS Sports)
Associated Press Top 25
- 1. Kentucky
- 2. Maryland
- 3. Michigan State
- 4. Iowa State
- 5. Kansas
- 6. Duke
- 7. Oklahoma
- 8. Villanova
- 9. North Carolina
- 10. Gonzaga
- 11. Arizona
- 12. Virginia
- 13. Indiana
- 14. California
- 15. Miami (FL)
- 16. Purdue
- 17. Notre Dame
- 18. Connecticut
- 19. Vanderbilt
- 20. Wichita State
- 21. Oregon
- 22. LSU
- 23. Xavier
- 24. Cincinnati
- 25. Texas A&M
- 25. SMU