Big Blue Links for Monday:
▪ Brad Calipari will join the UK basketball team next season, reports Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Tyler Ulis is the SEC’s Player of the Year, says CBS Sports.
▪ Skal Labissiere’s emergence makes Kentucky more dangerous, reports Brian Bennett of espn.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Labissiere emerging at the right time, writes Metz Camfield of coachcal.com.
▪ Senior Day showcased why it’s special to play at UK, writes Keith Peel for Vaught’s Views.
▪ South Carolina again claims another SEC women’s tournament title, reports David Cloninger of The State.
▪ Mississippi State comes up short in title game, reports Zach Dean of the Clarion-Ledger.
▪ LSU knows it probably needs to win the SEC Tournament, writes Sheldon Mickles of The Advocate.
▪ Kenny Gaines, Charles Mann have changed perception of Georgia basketball, writes Jason Butt of Macon Telegraph.
▪ Overall No. 1 seed is Kansas’ for the taking, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
▪ Defense has found a leader in Love, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Illinois hires former UK assistant Lovie Smith as its head coach, reports Shannon Ryan of the Chicago Tribune.
▪ Peyton Manning is far more than records, says Mark Wiedmer of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
▪ Manning made Tennessee fans proud to the end, writes John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
▪ Former Auburn running back Tre Mason tasered and arrested, reports Michael Niziolek of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.