Fountain Films on Friday: ‘Labyrinth’
Late rock star David Bowie plays the Goblin King in this 1986 fantasy film. Jennifer Connelly plays Sarah, who must rescue her baby brother. The free outdoor screening starts at 9 p.m. Friday at Triangle Park, 400 West Main Street. Downtownlex.com.
Kentucky Fried Zine Fest
The showcase of DIY zines, comics, book and paper arts is from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Lyric Theatre, 300 East Third Street. Admission is free. Kfzines.org.
Opera Under the Stars
Spend an evening with the music of Mozart, Bizet, Strauss, Gershwin and Bernstein at 9 p.m. Saturday at Moondance Amphitheatre, 1152 Monarch Street. The pre-show, featuring the Volare String Quartet, starts at 8 p.m. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating. Admission is $5, free for ages 3 and younger. Rain date: Sunday. 859-288-2529. Lexingtonky.gov/opera-under-stars.
Warehouse Block Party
Restaurants, shops and businesses along National, North Ashland and Aurora avenues host a night of live music, food and fun from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. Bit.ly/2b4gXUR.
- Rude, crude ‘Sausage Party’ goes over the top
- Find movie times, theaters for ‘Suicide Squad’, ‘Jason Bourne’ and all the latest.
- Lakeside Live gathers different kinds of music in a convenient spot
- From ‘Free’ to faith: Jonathan Butler follows his jazz heart
- Weekend food fun from Food Truck Friday to the Crave Food & Music Festival to farmers markets
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band bringing tasty tunes to Crave Lexington