The annual Secretariat Festival is Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Paris. Admission to the celebration of the 1973 Triple Crown winner is free. This year’s event adds the Secretariat Big Red Beer Garden featuring the Big Red Amber Ale brewed by Rooster Brew, 609 Main Street, a specially brewed tribute to the Bourbon County horse who stood stud and died at Claiborne Farm. For more information, go to Secretariatfestival.com.
▪ Drake’s, 3347 Tates Creek Road, will celebrate Oktobeerfest from Saturday through Oct. 1, with a specialty menu featuring German dishes such as the Bavarian Beer Brat, Crispy Chicken Schnitzel Salad, Hofbrau Beer Cheese Burger and Sam Adams OctoberFest beer. Buy one in a 25-ounce souvenir stein and bring back your stein for $1 off refills.
▪ National Cheeseburger Day is Sunday and in honor of it, BurgerFi, 141 Rojay Drive, is celebrating by offering $5 cheeseburgers all day. Burgerfi is featuring its double natural Angus burger with double American cheese, lettuce, tomato, and BurgerFi sauce in the deal.
▪ National Provisions, 264 Walton Avenue, has new hours. According to a post on Facebook, the restaurant is now open 5 to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, and open for brunch 11 a.m. to 4 p.m Saturday and Sunday. The bakery will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. National Provisions said new menus and other changes also are on the horizon. New menu items include a charcuterie plate with house pickles, cheese plate with pickled peach puree, hamachi tartare, endive salad, shrimp and avocado on spring mix, udon bowl with choice of pork or tofu, pei mussels, sweet breads with brandy jus, and crispy frog legs. Call 859-303-4763 for reservations.
▪ Belle’s Cocktail House, 156 Market Street, is expanding its upstairs bar and adding a rooftop bar. The bar remains open Thursday through Saturday from 5 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
▪ Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, 2893 Richmond Road, will celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day on Monday with free original glazed doughnuts for fans who talk like a pirate. Two are available: the Pirate, filled and decorated with a pirate face, or the Skull and Crossbones, topped with chocolate icing and a skull candy piece. If you come in dressed like a pirate, you can get a dozen doughnuts. Don’t have an eye patch or hook? This year you can use Krispy Kreme’s custom Snapchat pirate filter to digitally “dress” like a pirate. Any guest who shows his or her Snapchat image to a team member at a participating Krispy Kreme shop will qualify for a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts, too.
▪ Jessamine Growers Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Main and Rice in Wilmore, will have seasonal vegetables, sweet potatoes, honey and eggs, cut flowers, perennials and trees.
▪ Chevy Chase Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at 316 South Ashland Avenue, will have cut flowers, beer cheese, muffins, seasonal produce, meat and eggs.
▪ Bluegrass Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 3070 Lakecrest Circle and 1837 Plaudit Place, will have seasonal produce, honey, jams and jellies, baked goods, flowers, eggs and meat. Fall produce will include butternut squash, pumpkins, gourds, spaghetti and acorn squash, sweet potatoes, and red and white potatoes.
▪ Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Cheapside Park and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Southland Drive, will have seasonal produce, meats and eggs, bread and honey, plants and flowers.