There are a whole slew of new restaurants and bars opening in Lexington this month. Here are a few to work into the date-night or lunch-on-the-boss rotation:
▪ Napa Prime, the Lexington location of the popular Versailles steakhouse, opens today at 319 Cedar Street, where JDI used to be. According to the website, the first floor will be the Napa Prime Burgers + Seafood. The second floor will be Rocks Bourbon Bar. And the third floor will be devoted to Napa Prime Events.
▪ Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse, the new place in town to eat meat roasted on skewers until you pop, opens Thursday. The steakhouse took over the massive empty Coba Cocina spot at 2041 Richmond Road and has been fitting out a huge sides-and-salads bar to go with all that meat.
▪ J. Gumbo’s, the new Cajun & Creole cafe at 808 North Limestone, will open Friday, just in time for the October Night Market event in the neighborhood. A limited menu will be available as owner Robbie Morgan ramps up to the full menu ahead of her grand opening weekend, Oct. 27-29.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Battle Axes is the bar where you throw axes at targets. And drink beer. It’s opening up later this month in the Pepper rickhouse building at 1170 Manchester.
▪ Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, the Memphis-based chain for spicy Southern fried chicken, homemade pies and sides, is opening around the middle of the month, according to franchise operator Gus Oyler. You’ll know when you drive by on Vine Street and see a line forming out the door under the neon sign and yellow awnings.
▪ Chicken Salad Chick, which promises to have “the best chicken salad in the South,” is opening about Oct. 24 in Brannon Crossing. The menu includes more than a dozen varieties of chicken salad, plus soups and other offerings from the Alabama-based chain that is opening its first Kentucky location here.