November 11 is Veterans Day and restaurants all over the country want to give back to those who have served. Here are some of the restaurants offering deals:
▪ Bonefish Grill will give all active and retired service members with a valid military ID a free Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer.
▪ The Chop House in Lexington on Nov. 11 and 12 is offering 50 percent off any dine-in lunch or dinner entrée to veterans with military ID or in uniform.
▪ City Barbeque will again treat veterans and troops to a meal. All day on Nov. 11, all veterans and US military will receive a free sandwich, two sides and a regular beverage, applicable on either dine-in or carryout orders at every City Barbeque location. City Barbeque raises money throughout the year for veterans’ causes.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The company has raised almost $40,000 to date for the Resurrecting Lives Foundation, who works to support the estimated 20–25 percent of troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with traumatic brain injury. City Barbeque has also made donations to Mission 22, a campaign dedicated to awareness and treatment of the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injuries that lead 22 veterans to take their lives. To learn about the Resurrecting Lives Foundation, visit www.resurrectinglives.org; for more about Mission 22, visit www.mission22.com.
▪ Applebee’s, 1761 Sharkey Way, for the 11th year is offering veterans and active-duty military a free full-size entree; choose from Classic Bacon Cheeseburger, 6 ounce USDA Select Top Sirloin, Chicken Tenders Platter, Double Crunch Shrimp, Fiesta Lime Chicken, Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad, Oriental Chicken Salad or Three-Cheese Chicken Penne.
▪ Texas Roadhouse, 3029 Richmond Road, 3030 Lakecrest Circle, both in Lexington and 2019 Colby Taylor Drive, Richmond, is offering a free lunch to all veterans, including all active, retired or former U.S. military on Nov. 11. They can choose from 10 entree choices on the Veterans Day menu including a 6-ounce sirloin, two made-from-scratch sides plus a choice of beverage. Proof of service is required.
▪ Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, 118 Marion Suite 110 at The Summit, is thanking veterans by offering the men and women who have served 15 percent off their bill. Alcohol excluded from discount.