Reed Valley Orchard, 239 Lail Lane in Paris, is having its annual Blueberry Jubilee and Pancake Day, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. June 25. Pick your own blueberries, or enjoy fresh blueberry pancakes and ice cream, homemade oven-fried fruit pies or cold slushies. Prices are $3.95 to $5.95 a meal; no debit or credit cards accepted. Pancakes served from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Children can play horseshoes or corn hole.
▪ West Sixth Brewing, 501 West Sixth Street, will introduce canned 12-packs of Half-Bite IPA next week. “Designed to be the rowdy younger brother of the West Sixth IPA,” co-founder Brady Barlow said, the Half-Bite IPA uses the same varieties and quantity of hops as its regular IPA, but with 3.5 percent alcohol by volume.
▪ Minglewood, 159 North Limestone, has opened for lunch and dinner. Owners John Tresaloni and Trish Tungate have launched the casual restaurant and bar in the former home of a la lucie. No reservations required.
▪ Herbe, 4300 Winchester Road, has closed. The restaurant announced Monday on Facebook that after a water line broke, the building needed extensive repairs that weren’t feasible with the small space. Chef Meghan Hensley said she’s looking at new spaces.
▪ The Summer Sampling Event at Good Foods Co-op, 455 Southland Drive, 5 to 7 p.m. June 24, will have free Marksbury Farms beef sliders with buns, house-made black bean & corn salad, watermelon slices, local Spuds potato chips, house-made ice coffee, snow cones and house-made whole wheat chocolate chip cookes. Vegan and vegetarian options available.
▪ The Upstart Crow, 101 West Short Street, will host a remembrance June 24 of the original Upstart Crow and the former Morgan’s Café from the 1970s. The bar and grill will open at 11 a.m. for lunch and offer cocktail hour until closing. Tim and Mark Adams, who established those early Lexington fern bars, will host and share stories and photo albums. New menu item: catfish beignets with house-made cole slaw and hush puppies for $10.
▪ On June 30, chef Ranada West-Riley of Lexington Diner will host Hot Summer Nights Chef’s Table, at 6:30 p.m. at Creative Table & Kitchen, 185 Pasadena Drive, for $40. The menu will include heirloom tomato gazpacho with lump crab and bacon crostini, cocoa-chile rubbed grilled rib eye steaks, yellow corn and sweet basil risotto, and lemon creme brulee with fresh local berries. Reservations required. Call 859-948-3125.
▪ Uncle Maddio’s Pizza, 630 East Euclid Avenue, has added Peachy Keen Pizza and Summer Grilled Peach Salad to the menu. Peachy Keen pizza, $8.99, has shredded mozzarella, caramelized onions, crisp Italian prosciutto, feta crumbles and fresh peaches, topped with basil and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. Summer Peach salad, $8.49, is a bed of mixed greens and arugula with peaches, prosciutto, feta and a red wine vinaigrette.
▪ Bluegrass Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 3070 Lakecrest Circle, and 1837 Plaudit Place, will have seasonal fresh produce, eggs, honey, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, breads, cakes, cookies, jam and jellies, and cut flowers, .
▪ Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Cheapside Park and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Southland Drive, will have seasonal fresh produce, meats, eggs, plants, bread, honey, spring greens and flowers.
▪ Jessamine Growers Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Main and Rice in Wilmore, will have locally grown greens, seasonal fresh produce, local honey and eggs, vegetable transplants, perennials and trees.
▪ Chevy Chase Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at 316 South Ashland Avenue, will have meat, eggs and fresh seasonal produce.
▪ Valley Oak Produce, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at 3450 Richmond Road, will have seasonal fresh produce and eggs.