Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has created a little commercial sensation with his commercials for Nationwide, where he seems to live his life to the company’s jingle, “Nationwide is on you side.” “Do I really look like this,” he hums, contemplating his bobble head doll. “Epic comeback starts right here,” he says while being obliterated in a ping-pong match with children.
We asked readers to give us some Super Bowl thoughts to the same tune, on Facebook. Here are some of out favorites.
▪ Chicken wings you taste so good — Marcie Jean Timmerman
▪ Grandma likes the Puppy Bowl — Wayne Thomas
▪ Wake me for commercial breaks — Hope Steele
▪ Wake me for the halftime show — Wayne Thomas
▪ Getting sick of Papa John’s — Blake Hannon
▪ Orange is my fav’rite shade — Scott Bradley
▪ Cam Newton is the MVP — Greg Klein
▪ Newton meet the Orange Crush — Paul Lyon
▪ Cam and Peyton? My, oh my! — Marsha Rollins Cable
▪ Tired of Manning everywhere — Clark Gordon
▪ Peyton Manning is the best!! — Kim Humphries White
▪ Eli has more rings than me — Donald Mason
▪ Football games are not my thing — Hope Steele