The taller building at left, built in 1923, was the coal-company commissary in Benham, where miners could buy a wide range of goods. The building, which now houses the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum, is among the historic structures in downtown Benham.
The taller building at left, built in 1923, was the coal-company commissary in Benham, where miners could buy a wide range of goods. The building, which now houses the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum, is among the historic structures in downtown Benham. Bill Estep bestep@herald-leader.com
The taller building at left, built in 1923, was the coal-company commissary in Benham, where miners could buy a wide range of goods. The building, which now houses the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum, is among the historic structures in downtown Benham. Bill Estep bestep@herald-leader.com