Unattended, lit candles likely caused a fire that killed a Whitley County woman, the state Fire Marshal's Office said Friday.
The fire was ruled accidental, according to the office.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Rescue workers found Addy Bullock, 80, in the living room of her brick home after responding to the fire early Thursday. She was taken to University of Kentucky Hospital, where she later died.
The fire started in a bedroom of Bullock's home, the fire marshal's office said.