A toddler was burned Tuesday morning in a house fire in Ashland.
The fire was reported a little before 8 a.m. at 2240 Barton Court. in Ashland. The girl was carried out of the home by her father shortly before firefighters arrived, said Scott Penick, the acting Ashland fire chief.
A helicopter took the family to a Huntington, W.Va. hospital, he said. The extent of the girl's injuries were not known.
Penick said a space heater in the toddler's room was likely pushed against the floor or an item that caught fire. The fire gutted the home.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader