Latest News

Fla. authorities: Ky. couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning

A young couple found dead last month along a Florida highway died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Florida authorities.

Kenneth L. Oldham, 23, of Morehead and Kayla R. Hinton, 22, of Olive Hill were found dead Jan. 14 in a Volks wagen Jetta at an Interstate 95 rest stop in St. John's County, Fla.

Late last week, the Florida medical examiner's office determined they died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The vehicle's catalytic converter had been removed and might be a contributing factor in the death, according to a St. John's sheriff's news release.

Toxicology screens showed the two had a 45 percent concentration of carbon monoxide, according to the release.

  Comments