Lexington firefighters said they were able to contain a fire that started in a rear garage Thursday morning at Eastland Lawn and Power Sports on Winchester Road.
Everyone was safely evacuated, and there were no reports of injuries.
Fire officials said the fire started about 10:40 a.m. when a spark from a compressor ignited a bucket of oil in the garage at 1230 Winchester Road. Officials said the fire was contained by about 11:20 a.m.
Fire officials said the blaze was contained to the rear of the building, where the business does most of its repair work. The building had heavy smoke damage but did not appear to have a lot of fire damage.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Outbound Winchester Road near Industry Road was closed while crews fought the fire.