A fire that started with a cigarette damaged three apartments near the University of Kentucky on Wednesday night.
The Lexington Fire Department received a call at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday about a four-unit apartment building fire at 325 Linden Walk. The fire started in a couch on the basement apartment's patio and spread to the two units on the first floor. An improperly discarded cigarette appears to be the cause of the fire, Lexington Fire Battalion Chief Randy Gilliam said.
The residents of the apartment had escaped the building by the time firefighters arrived. No one was injured.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.