Latest News

No one injured in apartment fire

An apartment fire on Dinsmore Drive in Lexington was the result of an improperly discarded cigarette, according to Battalion Chief Randy Gilliam of the Lexington Fire Department.

Gilliam said when firefighters responded about 12:15 p.m. Sunday, heavy smoke and flames were coming from Apartment 13 of the Dinsmore Apartments at 2215 Dinsmore Drive. But they were able to contain the blaze to that first-floor apartment.

"It was pretty much a complete loss inside but the occupant, a single female, escaped unharmed," Gilliam said.

No one was injured and the occupant is being housed in an empty apartment in the complex.

  Comments