A 45-year-old Powell County man, injured in a fire at his home on Monday, was listed in serious condition Tuesday morning at University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Stanton Fire Chief Eddie Barnes said.
The man, his 71-year-old father, who owned the home at 3329 Paint Creek Road, and a firefighter were hurt in the blaze. The homeowner was treated at Clark Regional Medical Center in Winchester and released. The firefighter was treated at the scene.
Barnes said the fire, which destroyed the home, appeared to have been caused by grease on a hot stove.
Five people were inside the home when the fire broke out. Three puppies died in the fire; four other dogs were rescued by firefighters, Barnes said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.