These cookies are bite size, rich temptations that satisfy a craving for peanut butter and chocolate. A miniature peanut butter cup is enveloped in a peanut butter cookie tart shell. Delicious. Nuff said.
Peanut Butter Cup Tarts (makes 4 dozen)
1/2 cup butter
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
14 oz package of mininature peanut butter cups
1. Cream first four ingredients.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture
4. Make small balls of dough and place in greased mini muffin pans.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven, until cookie puffs up and is barely done.
6. Remove from oven and push a peanut butter cup into the center of each puffed cookie. The puff will deflate and form a shell around the candy.
7. Let cool in pan and then refrigerate until shine leaves the surface of the candy (approximately 20 minutes).
8. Using the tip of a knife, gently loosed cookies from the pan and store in tin in cool place.