Le Deauville French Bistro, 199 North Limestone, will be open for Thanksgiving from noon to 6 p.m. In addition to the regular menu, owner-chef Marc Puil will have a turkey dinner with all the French trimmings. All items will be a la carte. Monday through Friday, during happy hour from 5 to 6:30 p.m., appetizers are half price. Call (859) 246-0999 for reservations.
▪ Clawdaddy’s, 128 N. Broadway, has crabmeat artichoke dip ($32 a quart) and lobster bisque ($27 a quart) for Thanksgiving. Call 48 hours ahead to order; pick up by 3 p.m. on Nov. 25. Holiday menu items include a smoked salmon and sweet shrimp sandwich and pumpkin gelato. Call (859) 258-2529.
▪ Bob Evans Restaurants — in Lexington at 2566 Richmond Road, 2341 Buena Vista Road and 121 Marlene Drive — will be open for Thanksgiving from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Nov. 26 for dine in or carry out. Adults $14.99; children $6.99. To take home, there’s the Farmhouse Feast, which can be ordered in advance. Feeds four for $49.99 or eight for $79.99.
▪ Nashville-inspired Joella’s Hot Chicken, a Louisville favorite, is coming to Lexington around March 1. A location will be announced in December.
▪ Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen, 1781 Sharkey Way, will add new items to the menu on Black Friday, Nov. 27, including maki shrimp, a salad with the flavor and spicy of a spicy shrimp roll; burnt carrot soup; and a holiday salad.
▪ Liquor Barn is opening its 16th store at 1705 N. Dixie Highway in Elizabethtown on Nov. 19 with deals, tastings, bottle signings and other events throughout the next week. On Friday, Bill Samuels Jr. of Maker’s Mark will be signing bottles from 5 to 7 p.m. And from 5 to 8 p.m. on Nov. 25, there will be a Woodford Reserve sampling and bottle engraving.
▪ Wine + Market, 486 West Second Street, will have a holiday open house 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 4 with wine, bourbon and beer tastings, cheese and charcuterie samples.
▪ Country Boy Brewing, 436 Chair Avenue, is hosting its third annual Chili Cook Off from noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 6. Try chili recipes from over 50 local cooks and vote for your favorite for just $7, or $5 with a donation of 2 or more canned goods. All proceeds go to God’s Pantry Food Bank. To enter your chili, fill out a form in the taproom by Nov. 30.
▪ Bourbon Barrel Foods’ Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce was named a finalist in the 2016 Good Food Awards, representing socially responsible food crafters. The winners will be announced Jan. 15 in San Francisco. The full line of Bourbon Barrel Foods is available at 2710 Frankfort Avenue in Louisville or at bourbonbarrelfoods.com.
▪ MonTea will celebrate six years of business at 814 Euclid Avenue with a tea party from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 21. The day will include a tea-infused menu featuring green tea crackers, matcha chocolates, tea-infused shortbread cookies and birthday cake, all free. There will also be pop-up discounts and tea tastings and MonTea will reveal its annual holiday tea selection. Open Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more info, call (859) 268-8327.
▪ From 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 20 and 2 to 8 p.m. Nov. 21, Cork & Barrel Wine & Bourbon Bar, 2263 Nicholasville Road, will be feature a flight of Orin Swift Cellars Locations series of wines along with a shrimp po-boy sandwich and a cup of Yaka Mein – beef noodle soup commonly found in many Creole and Chinese restaurants in New Orleans. Each of the Locations wines is identified by a two letter country code so the event is called Alphabet, Soup, and a Sandwich. No reservations are required. For more info call (859) 278-9463.
Got a food event coming up? Drop me at line at email@example.com.