The holiday season is heating up in a week jam-packed with shopping events featuring local artists and vendors.
Among them will be the Christmas Market at Michler’s, at 417 East Maxwell. Michler’s Greenhouses and The Kentucky Native Café and will be the setting as vendors offer Christmas pastries, ceramics, wood carvings, jewelry, hats, cards and more.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Extra parking will be available at 446 East High Street; look for the Kentucky Native Café sign. Go to Michlers.com/pages/christmas-market for more info, including a list of vendors.
More shopping news
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
▪ The final Night Market of the year is 6 to 10 p.m. Friday at 720 Bryan Avenue. The street festival features local artists and businesses, and food and drink vendors. Music is by Tyler Childers and The Foodstamps. Check out the Night Market Facebook page for more info.
▪ The Black Friday Art Sale is 6 to10 p.m. Friday and 2 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Loudoun House, 209 Castlewood Drive. Everything is $50 or less. Artists include Derrick Riley of dRock Press, Alison O’Bryan, Emily Howard, Sarah Jane Sanders, David Honaker, Crimson Duvall, Becky McGuire, Brian Connors Manke, Luke Gnadinger, Amelia Stamps, Leah Combs, Melisa Zimmerman, Robert Bridges, Kayla Harned, Stevie Moore and Cassie Weidner. Food vendors will be on site. Go to Lexingtonartleague.org for more info.
▪ Coffee Times, at 2571 Regency Road, will pour free coffee all day at its open house on Saturday. Offerings will include Mistletoe Jo, S’Wonderful and Pumpkin Pie coffees. In addition, they’ll introduce and taste Bourbon Cherries (like a boozy chocolate-covered cherry), Moonshine Balls and Bourbon Barrel Coffee (a collaboration with Tony Davis of Kentucky Knows). You’ll also find special deals on gifts, including holiday décor, and tea and coffee accessories.
▪ Next door at Street Scene Vintage, 2575 Regency Road, the holiday open house is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. Save up to 50 percent off your purchase, excluding consignment. Wear your tackiest Christmas outfit for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate.
▪ The Wine + Market Holiday Open House is 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at 486 West Second Street. The evening will include bourbon, wine and beer tasting; samples of cheese and charcuterie; live music with Chris Sullivan and more. No RSVP is necessary.
▪ Janice’s at the Saltbox, 859 East High Street, will serve special treats 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays in December. The store will offer free gift wrapping, homemade refreshments and hot holiday punch all day. Merchandise includes handmade German glass ornaments from Inge-Glas; Virginia Metalcrafters candlesticks, leaves and trivets; and handmade brass candlestick lights for holiday windows.
▪ The Holiday on the Block Open House is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers are invited to take the Rock around the Block challenge. Pick up a map at your first stop and collect 10 stamps from Saturday through Dec. 12 for a chances to win hundreds of dollars in Warehouse Block Bucks. Warehouse Block is the area featuring businesses along North Ashland, National and Walton avenues. For a list of businesses, go to Warehouseblock.morningsidelex.com.
▪ Carl Meyers at 111 Clay Avenue will host a trunk show of designs from Tom and Linda Platt from Thursday through Saturday. Spring 2016 separates, dresses, and gowns for mother of the bride and groom, and Derby attire will be shown. Customers will see styles in a variety of colors to coordinate with special events. Also, all furs and fur trimmed items will be 20 percent off.
▪ Linens Limited, at 114 Clay Avenue, will celebrate its 21st annual Holiday Open House with refreshments and discounts 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
▪ Stalls Antiques and Interiors, 930 Winchester Road, will host a Holiday Open House Weekend. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday; noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.