Wyn Morris recently announced that The Morris Book Shop, at 882 East High Street, will close or be sold. But the beloved independent bookstore is still very much open for now and will celebrate its eighth anniversary from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
There will be 20 percent off everything, free Ale-8-One all day, a Magic Beans coffee tasting, live music, a visit from the Commonwealth Canteen food truck and a book launch for Gwenda Bond’s Girl in the Shadow. Call 859-276-0494 or go to Morrisbookshop.com for more info.
More shopping news
▪ The Market 301, a monthly pop-up market featuring more than 30 boutiques and artisans, is 6 to 10 p.m. Friday at Manchester Music Hall, 899 Manchester Street. Admission is free.
▪ The Corman Marketplace annual Christmas in July event is going on through Friday at 881 Floyd Drive. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day shoppers will find refreshments and store wide discounts on decorations and home decor. New Christmas and fall items are arriving daily. Call 859-233-0544 or go to Cormanmarketplace.com.
▪ Get a 30 percent discount on handmade wearable textile art by Laverne Zabielski when you RSVP to attend the Garden Girls Tea Party and Mini Fashion Show. It’s 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at MS Rezney Gallery, 903 Manchester Street. Call 859-576-4625 or email Lavernez@gmail.com.
▪ The Burlington Antique Show, featuring more than 200 dealers, is Sunday at the Boone County Fairgrounds, 5819 Idlewild Road in Burlington.
Early-bird admission, 6 to 8 a.m., is $5. Admission 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. is $3, free for ages 12 and younger. Go to Burlingtonantiqueshow.com.
▪ Embry’s at The Lansdowne Shoppes, 3361 Tates Creek Road, is offering discounts through July. Save 40 percent off select spring clothing, 50 percent off furs and fur accessories, and 60 percent to 80 percent off select fur garments. Call 859-269-3390 or go to Embrys.com.