The Woodford County Woman's Club third annual holiday home tour features five homes this year and a tour of the Woodford County Historical Society.
■ The oldest home on the tour is listed in the 1877 Beers map as the Cotton residence, which probably was built by W.S. Cotton in 1873. The house, at 343 South Main Street, owned by Marjorie Evans, has stained glass, a two-sided fireplace and 13- and 9-foot ceilings.
■ On a nearly half-acre lot, the story-and-a-half house at 319 Colony Drive was built in 1988 and includes three bedrooms, two full baths, a living room, dining room, sunroom, and upstairs bonus room.
■ Built in 1995, the 4,364-square-foot house at 2312 Rocky Hills Lane has five bedrooms, three baths, a kitchen, dining room, den and a wraparound porch.
■ On the National Register of Historic Places, the structure at 135 Maple Street was used as the servants' quarters for the main house next door known as the Adams Childers House. The main house was built in 1809 by Capt. John McKinney Jr., and it is assumed this structure was built at the same time.
It was purchased by the Versailles Board of Education in 1921, became the Woodford County Board of Education in 1951 and eventually served as the superintendent's office for many years. The building has recently undergone extensive renovation, turning it into a residence. The main house is scheduled for renovation in the near future.
■ The 3,300-square-foot custom home at 108 Woodburn Hall Drive was constructed by Evergreen Homes and is currently on the market.
■ Described by noted architect Clay Lancaster as a "Tidewater Colonial," the two-story Woodford County Historical Society building at 121 Rose Hill Avenue, is known as the Big Springs Baptist Meeting House, and it was erected in 1819. Over the years it has been a woolyard, a residence, a boarding house, a private girls school and a cabinet shop in 1969, when it was purchased by the Woodford County Historical Society for a permanent museum.
It appears on the National Register of Historic Places and is also a landmark site on the Bluegrass Trust for Historic Preservation.
Proceeds from the tour benefit Coats and Shoes for Woodford County children, the Woodford County Woman's Club Scholarship Fund and other projects supported by the Woodford County Woman's Club.