There is nothing better than free. Check out the following freebies and take the time to sign up or register for them.
1. I receive more than 30 free magazines each month. I never sign up for any magazine subscription that gives me something for free but then I have to remember to cancel the subscription and I almost can never remember to do that. And I suggest you don’t sign up for a free magazine subscription that requires you to sign up for it using your credit card.
Check out Valuemags.com to find many magazine freebies. The site is always adding new magazines so go back weekly to check on what’s new.
2. Amazon offers lots of free Kindle books. Browse Amazon’s limited-time free Kindle books to find out what’s available now at Amazon.com. If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry. There’s a free Kindle reading app that you can get for your browser, smart phone or tablet. After you’ve installed it, then you can get your free Kindle books.
Lexington’s public library has a subscription to OverDrive, an American digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks and music, so you can borrow free Kindle books from your library just like you’d check out a real book.
3. Xbox Live Gold members can get up to $700 in free games per year. Here are the free games available now: Xbox One- Zheros (free through Feb. 16); Xbox One- Hand of Fate (free through Feb. 29); Xbox One- Styx:Master of Shadows (free Feb. 16-March 15); Xbox 360-Sacred Citadel (free through Feb. 15) and Xbox 360- Gears of War 2 (free Feb. 16-29).
4. Download the McDonald’s app on your smartphone for offers at your local restaurant.
5. Sign up to become a member of Pink Nation at Victoria’s Secret. You will receive offers throughout the year. Pink.victoriassecret.com
6. Become a member of Raising Cane’s Caniac Club to receive a free box combo ($7 value) Raisingcanes.com/caniac-club. Sign up for TGI Friday Give Me More Stripes member and show your card to your server for free chips and salsa. Join the Pancake Revolution at IHOP restaurant and within 24 hours of signing up you will receive an email of your first free meal offer. Ihop.com/pancake-revolution
7. Join Snapfish and receive 100 free 4x6 prints at Snapfish.com. Create an account at York Photo and receive 20 free prints when you register. Yorkphoto.com. Get 25 free one hour 4x6 prints when you sign up for an account at Walmart.
8. Shutterfly is offering a free 8x11 wall calendar (a $24.99 value) when you enter the promotional code FEBCAL at checkout. You have to pay shipping and handling. Expires Sept. 7. Shutterfly.com
Order a custom 4x6 magnet for free at York Photo for new customers by entering the promotional code STAY at checkout. Feb. 7. Yorkphoto.com
9. Every Friday download a digital coupon to your Kroger loyalty card for a free item. This week’s freebie is Snickers Almond Fun Size (6 pack) or Snickers Crisper Bar (1.41 ounces).
10. Want some free samples?
▪ PinchMe offers free samples, and all you have to do is give feedback on the products. Pinchme.com
▪ Philosophy will send you a free sample of Renewed Hope in a Jar Day. http://bit.ly/1RU0K4R
▪ Receive a free sample of Luseta Shampoo and Conditioner. http://bit.ly/1QFlwDM
11. Get a $20 energy bill credit every summer when you stay enrolled in the Demand Conservation program. Call KU or go online Lge-ku.com to get the device installed.
12. If you’re a frequent Redbox renter, be sure to sign up for the free Redbox Pay Pass Rewards program. You’ll get a free movie night for every 10 rentals, a free birthday movie night, a free movie night on your Redbox Play Pass anniversary, surprise rewards and exclusives, and more. Redbox.com/RedboxPlayPass
13. Get a Speedy Rewards card at a Speedway gas station then register online to start getting free items and savings every month. Speedway.com/Registration/Register
14. Join CVS Beauty Clubfor $5 ExtraBucks for every $50 you spend. Qualifying purchases include: cosmetics, fragrances, hair accessories, hair appliances, hair care, hair color, healthy skin care and skin care.
15. Ask a Walgreens pharmacist for a free blood pressure test and get 500 bonus points on your Walgreens Balance Reward card. If you are ready to quit smoking, check out Rite Aid Quit For You program. The pharmacist will work with you to create a personalized wellness approach to quitting smoking. Share Walgreen’s ShareGoodEnergy Giveaway at http://bit.ly/1KkknOu to get a free Premier Protein Bar or Shake.
16. Restaurants want your feedback. After you eat, check your receipt to see if you can take a customer satisfaction survey by phone or online in exchange for free food.
▪ Through Feb. 7, if you make an online order of $15 or more at Papa John’s you can use the promo code SUPERBOWL50 at checkout to receive 25 Papa Rewards. These rewards will be deposited into your account on Feb. 8. The Papa Rewards points can be used to get a free large pizza with up to 3 toppings.
▪ Know someone who’s pregnant or just had a baby? Go to NursingPillow.com and get a free nursing pillow ($40 value) by checking out with promo code FREE4MOM. This code will deduct $40 from your order but you will need to pay for shipping which is $14.99 for 7-13 day delivery.
▪ Register your child for a free Valentine’s Day Picture Frame Build and Grow Workshop at Lowe’s. This workshop will take place at 10 a.m. on Feb. 13. Every child will get to keep a wooden picture and frame as well as a free apron, goggles, and patch. Register at Lowesbuildandgrow.com
▪ Want to compost but don’t have the space. Seedleaf is offering compost pickup service. For $15 per week, Seedleaf can pick up your kitchen waste, leave clean buckets and help you kick a dent in your waste stream. They can also make 5 gallons of finished compost available each month at no extra cost. Email Ryan@seedleaf.org.
▪ Visit any Toys R Us store from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 20 for a LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS building event. Kids can build and take home a LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS Shield Dock. http://bit.ly/1JVZdKX
Deborah Morris’ every-other-week column, The Fru-Gal, can help you get more for less. Go to her website, Fru-gal-friends.com.