It is starting to feel as if the holiday season is upon us. Stores are being beautifully decorated, and the sales have begun.
The holidays can be a wonderful time to start traditions. A tradition does not have to cost a lot of money. One of ours at Thanksgiving was to play kickball. My kids will always remember their grandmothers running the bases.
Remember, too, the holidays can be a stressful time, so take care of your health.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
- Stay in touch this holiday season using TokBox a browser-based video messaging service that allows you to chat with up to 20 people in a single call. Anyone can chat after just a few clicks, no download necessary.
- Look good and feel good when you invest in your health. Now, when you purchase Tampax, Natural Instincts, any Vicks product or Olay Deep Cleansers, Women’s Health will send you a free copy of Eat This, Not That! Restaurant and Fast Food Survival Guide
Send proof of purchase to P&G Restaurant Survival, 733 Third Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10017 expires 11/16/09
- Receive your free subscription to the new Rouge fashion magazine.
- Need an extra nudge to get moving? What if every workout you did raised money for the environment or cancer research – no fund-raising required. Plus3 Network is a new social-networking website that pairs worthy causes (such as the Environmental Defense Fund or the Breast Cancer Research Foundation) with corporate sponsors willing to donate 5 cents or more for each mile that you bike, run, walk or swim and log on to the site.
- Are you managing your health, your way? AstraZeneca has assembled a team of experts to get you started with simple tips that help you build your own three-step plan, with everything from eating right every day to setting up a fitness plan to building a positive mindset.
- Are you bored with your old fitness DVDs. Now you can score fresh fitness DVDs for free when you trade in old ones at www.SwapADVD.com
SUNDAY PAPER COUPONS DEALS
I hope everyone received their Sunday paper with the big Target Toy Coupon Book.
One shopping tip is you can use your store coupons along with a manufacturer coupon.
Target coupon for $10 off Fisher-Price Trio King’s Castle
Print out manufacturer coupon for $5 off Trio Building Kits
Target coupon for $10 off LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Print out manufacturer coupon for $10 off LeapFrog Tag Reading System
Target coupon for $5 off Hasbro Game
Print out manufacturer coupon for $5 off Hasbro Game
On sale this week at Target is Mr. Potato Head Santa for $5.99 use the printable coupon for $5.00 off Final price 99 cents
Toys R Us and Hasbro have a rebate program available on select toys. You can get up to $60 back just print out the following rebate form. Combine this offer with the FREE $10 Toys R US gift card with any Hasbro game purchase of $25 or more
Sample Toys R Us Scenario Idea:
Buy 4-$3.99 games
Buy 1-$9.99 game of Connect 4 or Scrabble
Get back a $10 gift card for Toys R Us
Submit for 4/$2 rebates and 1/$3 rebate ($11 total in rebates)
Final Total: $4.95 for FIVE games!
Join Jack Pattie, WVLK radio personality, and a medical team to discuss your diabetes questions and concerns for FREE. Friday, November 20, 2009 at Keeneland Race Course in The Kentucky Room, take elevator B to 4th floor starting at 5:30 to 7:30pm. Please RSVP to (859) 268-9129
Free Resume Assistance every Thursday from 6 – 8pm at the Eagle Creek Library,
101 N.Eagle Creek Drive. Free one-on-one help with resumes and online job applications. Receive five free copies on resume paper and your resume on a disk to take with you.
Friends of the Library Book Sale, November 14th – 22th
Located at Former Dawahare’s Store 1801 Alexandria Drive, Suite 148
Saturday, November 14th Friends member only 10:00am – 6 pm
Sunday, November 15th noon – 5 pm.
Monday, November 16th – Friday, November 20th 10 am – 7 pm
Saturday November 21st 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday November 22th noon – 5 pm. – BAG DAY ( Fill up a bag for a small fee)
Want a chance to get started on the harmonica. Northside Library, 1733 Russell Cave Road is offering, Your First Harmonica Lesson for teens on Tuesday, November 17 at 6:00pm. You will receive a free harmonica and songbook. Call 231-5590 for reservations.
Carnegie Center for Learning, 251 West Second Street, Celebrate Culture
Tuesday, November 17 at 5:30pm – 7:30pm A fun opportunity to learn about world cultures including food and crafts from around the globe.
Call for registration (859) 254-4175