People who went downtown over the weekend might have noticed several pieces of construction equipment on the CentrePointe block.
Ground hasn't been broken yet, though, and the equipment was removed Monday.
Developer Dudley Webb said the equipment had been "stored on the site" but that the project hasn't received the permits needed to break ground.
"They'll be back when we get our building permits," Webb said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
How long might that be?
"That'll be up to the city," he said.
Mayor Jim Gray was asked about the equipment Monday afternoon during a news conference on another topic.
"My understanding is that permits have not been issued and the parties are having conversations to ensure that all elements of the master agreement and the TIF agreement are in place," Gray said. "My hope is that this project will move forward. It's important for our city."