Local

Two Corbin residents might have died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Authorities said that a man and woman whose bodies were found Thursday inside a house in Corbin were probably victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Autopsies are pending in Frankfort, but officer Rob Jones of the Corbin Police Department said Friday that the preliminary investigation suggests that the two died from carbon monoxide.

Police identified them as Jeffrey Stephenson, 49, and Rebecca Manning, 33, both of Corbin.

Their bodies were found Thursday at a rental house on Florida Avenue in Corbin. Police went there after the property owner reported that he hadn't seen or heard from the occupants for about two days.

Officers entered the house and found Stephenson and Manning unresponsive. They were pronounced dead at the scene by the Whitley County Coroner's Office.

  Comments